sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got 2 sump pump vaults when I went to that auction anyone ever think of them for the bio filter tank .The ones I got have flat spots for knock outs for plumbing and went on lowes and home depot and found they come in a lot of sizes online and can start at a cost of 12 dollars and are very ridgid in construction .I saw a couple of plumbing supply stores have a lot of different hieghts also ,from stubby fat ones to tall skinny ones and that you can buy lids for them .Maybe an option if you can't get a barrel because they fill sturdier than even my rain barrels I have .They have flat area's that you can drill out and attach tank adapters .I just attached a 3 inch adapter with no problems with the flat are on it .I see lowes have them for less than 30 dollars

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LittleGiantPitPlus509635.jpg

I had to look that one up. Neat idea Sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought it was great the lids had holes in them also and first one I saw that was green .All the ones I saw were black .The price is better than what they charge for those barrels and the ones I got have that flat round thing you have there on the bottom side and top side in 2 different places.I guess an inny and a outty .I thought it was great they are heavy duty plastic and nice and heavy .It is a little hard to drill the hole as these I got are very thick plastic ,but I need a new hole saw thing also this one is dull and I have been using it for 20 years or more .So guess it is time to go to harbor freight and get a new one .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Also found something at tractor supply barley straw in a 2 oz bag for 4.99 for stock tanks.I wonder if it may be better than the pond barley or regular barley

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just found that they make these things for industries and I saw one that holds 300 gallons ,Thats a lot of water to pump out and wonder what company would need a sump pump pit that holds 300 gallons .Thats some sump pump it would have to hold .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those sure would work great sissy, don't need one though lol. I am sure the 300 gallon one is not cheap.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was only 160 dollars which is not bad but says on the sight it is not to be used for above ground tank as it needs stabilizing and comes with the top and 2 strainer baskets inside and a shelf for the pump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I changed out my one tank for the sump pump vault and it works much better I put a drain close to the bottom where the other bump out was and because I could put a bigger drain on it ,it makes it easier to clean this one than the double totes I had in there and because it was taller I could get more filter media in it .I like the fact that it feels sturdier and does not bow out at all .It is black which is great and has a top which is neat and I just put a piece of pvc down the center with an elbow on top and I just used a hose clamp to attach it to the pvc pipe I put out the end of the elbow .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well where are your pictures? Sounds great sissy, glad it worked for you

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still have to upload some pics .Still downloading pics onto a cd and trying in between to go through another box of stuff I got from the bank .I'm amazed at what was in the safety deposit boxes .I'm glad I did not know some of this stuff before my mom and dad died .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked at the sump pump vault in lowes today and just got back and notice the new ones on the shelf have a tank adapter zip tied onto them and the old ones did not have one and wonder if the companies finally thought to add them as an extra or if the old ones had them and they were just missing .The only thing I found was the maufacturer of them and the UPC code .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Actually using them at the other house .I never thought to take pics .I was going to use them on my pond but they were to tall to hide and they worked great but when I tried to put the retaining wall block around it looked like mount everest .I wanted more room for plants to grow also in the filter .

Ask a Question