update, new family, phosphate levels

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce the addition of 6 new members to our family. All Koi from a local Koi / Plant shop. 4 are about 4 inches and 2 are about 7-8 inches. I took pictures today, but am not happy with them so will try again.

Of the 4 smaller Koi, 2 are bright silver, one is mixed red/black/silver and one is dark "blue" with a red spot. The two larger Koi are bright orange and black and may be a male and female--they follow each other around at all times; kind of cute.

Water's crystal clear; barley extract, microbe-lift and UV light. Lillies are repotted and fertilized. Just putting out leaves. so no plant presence yet.

Guilty of overfeeding I think--trying to be sure everyone eats. the two big white goldfish are slow and they get outeaten by the smaller quicker fish. Phosphate level is up from 0.5 to 5! The two newest Koi haven't figured out the system yet, either.

Really like the idea of the feeder rings. I'll build one like Dr. Dave recommended. thanks.

take care everyone.

Ask a Question