Water Temps are 55'! Fishies Seem Happy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I checked the temps on Saturday and they were 50'. The fish were swimming around and eating all the gunk I was stirring up while cleaning out the pond. Checked the temps yesterday and they were 55'!!! Temps are rising fast!

How warm is your water getting?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
cant tell ya exactly...but its cold...but we are gonna see 70* thursday and again on monday...60s inbetween time...figures tho, a few days of rain is coming along with it...its likely gonna be sloppy- sloppy- sloppy!! i walked across some of the yard today, its already splashable. wow, if this is starting an early spring i dont know what to do! we usually dont see anything real spring like til after easter anyways.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
cant tell ya...but its cold...but we are gonna see 70* thursday and again on monday...60s inbetween time...figures tho, a few days of rain is coming along with it...its likely gonna be sloppy- sloppy- sloppy!! i walked across some of the yard today, its already splashable.

You people out east and all your rain... Rub it in my face why don't ya LOL :grumble:

We need some rain, I planted green and red onions and some grass seed last weekend. Hand watering is not fun.

We have been in the mid 60's for the last week. It should stick through the end of this week, then mid 40's and some snow (maybe) in about a week.

Reaction score
Just checked my water, it's 58*. The fish are all nibbling on algae. :surfing:

What a tease!! I know we'll have a couple more cold weeks before it stays nice. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's 73* now. Water temp is 56*. The fish are all out and about swimming around. I did throw a little food in there (wheat based) and they ate it. Now to get the plastic off my windows so I can air out my house.

Reaction score
our pond is still covered, but today it was 58!!! Yippy!! My water is still very murky, so I can't see them swimming. I have one filter running, but it hasn't cleared up the water. I have tested the water and all is fine. Now that the water is above 55, which is the temperature of our outside water faucet, I hope to do a water change. I am so excited to see them clearly!!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My fish are way down deep today as it's ice cold out there and getting bits of hail. The surface water temp is 40F right now and falling. Would not surprise me to wake up to more snow tomorrow but if not that then cold rain. Talk about the east getting rain, we do get quite our share here also and not just in the Fall, Winter and Spring................Summer too lots of the time! Bah Humbug you can have our rain Pecan!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's been in the 60's every day here since Saturday and tomorrow they say it will hit a high of 78. Also they are expecting a warm weather pattern to continue for at least the next two weeks. The fish are getting active and looking for food at the top.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's not nice to boast all you peeps enjoying your nice warm weather especially to us here who are suffering w/ boatloads of icy raindrops for at least the next week or more
mousesad.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JW, sorry about boasting about the nice weather.....but high of 78 tomorrow and I'll be barbecuing for the 5th straight day! My wife was saying if this keeps up maybe we don't have to move to Florida after all.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
79 hot degrees yesterday, 79 today, 81 tomorrow, way hotter than normal, normal is low 50's. Pond hit 63 yesterday, dropped to 59 over night, gonna have babies soon. Frogs out croaking,
Cherry, red bud, flowers all blooming, trees leafing out. Summer is here, honey said we almost need the ac on! Sun Sun Sun

We are having temperatures that are normal for May, not March, running 25 degrees above normal.

We need some rain!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I just checked the weather and high 60's till Saturday and sunny. At this rate with no moisture I have to hand water some newly planted things. But we should get rain/snow on Sunday and 45'.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
once the fish are outside i dont let ducks in the pond, but they are currently feasting on the string alge. its comical to see their butts aimed at the heavens as they're bobbing for lunch! dead batteries, or i would have snapped some pics....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Will ducks eat the fish? I like ducks, haven't had any at the pond but have wondered if it would be a good or bad thing. How do you "not let" them in your pond?

Ask a Question