Waterfall from Natural Running Creek

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

We used to have a lot of water runoff that was eroding our creek bank so we turned it into a waterfall. It lasted for several years, but now suddenly there is no more runoff and we greatly miss out waterfall.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to pump water from the creek to this waterfall? We have an extension cord near the creek.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230331_142709.jpg
    20230331_142709.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230401_191714.jpg
    20230401_191714.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220526_203616.jpg
    20220526_203616.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 40

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
sunwelcome-1.gif
@TheSkyscraper sky
I haven't done this myself but others have so I will let them tell you what to do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very pretty setting!

If it's your creek, then just a small pump with a hose would work fine I would imagine. Just drop the pump in the creek and run the hose to the waterfall.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very pretty setting!

If it's your creek, then just a small pump with a hose would work fine I would imagine. Just drop the pump in the creek and run the hose to the waterfall.
Thank you!

What kind of pump would you recommend? Submersible or land?

That's where I'm running into problems. And do I need a filter? Like I really just want water to pump 5 or so feet and don't care about the water quality because it's falling right back into the creek. All the products I see are for recycling the water.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A small submersible pump should be fine. You should probably anchor it in a bucket - get a 5 gallon bucket and drill it full of holes, pump inside, drop it in the stream. I would try it without a filter first - one less thing to worry about. And the bucket will help keep out the bigger debris from getting to the pump.

You can buy lots of pumps that just pump water without filtering.

We have three pumps similar to this one in various water features in our yard:

Not promoting Aquascape by any means - just the pumps I am familiar with. Most manufacturers will sell similar pumps.

Reaction score
Country
United States
A small submersible pump should be fine. You should probably anchor it in a bucket - get a 5 gallon bucket and drill it full of holes, pump inside, drop it in the stream. I would try it without a filter first - one less thing to worry about. And the bucket will help keep out the bigger debris from getting to the pump.

You can buy lots of pumps that just pump water without filtering.

We have three pumps similar to this one in various water features in our yard:

Not promoting Aquascape by any means - just the pumps I am familiar with. Most manufacturers will sell similar pumps.
It's back! Thank you very much for the information. Now we have a constant steady flow of water (3100gph) and it's actually much better than the runoff. I'm amazed how much water these pumps can move.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20230423_161355.jpg
    20230423_161355.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi,

We used to have a lot of water runoff that was eroding our creek bank so we turned it into a waterfall. It lasted for several years, but now suddenly there is no more runoff and we greatly miss out waterfall.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to pump water from the creek to this waterfall? We have an extension cord near the creek.

Thank you!
Look up on you tube Ram pump it's a way to pump water even as high as 30' with no electricity. The intake is crucial to its sucess

Ask a Question