Do koi eat together? What if they are not?

I

imbaddakota

Woo hoo! I guess I jumped the gun, all three are alive and well, I saw them together today!

Which gave me the opportunity to notice that the one I have seen eating is now significantly larger than the other two? They were all about the same size when I got them....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I don't know how similar goldfish are to koi. I put my pond in a year and a half ago - all fish were about the same size when I got them. Like 1" long. I named one Pig because she has ALWAYS been the big enthusiastic eater. She is now much larger than everyone else. I think I named her well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the more you feed the more waste they will produce and water quality and fish health will be effected .Mine are lucky they get fed 2 times a week .You need a liquid water test kit like API .Plus babies will come Lots of babies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
That is a great pond build. I am thinking of doing something like that forpond expantion #3.(y)
I feed my fish twice a day. I guess this just comes natural as I am Italian. We are raised to feed people, pets, plants, all fat at my house. I had to biuld a bog, buy lots of filters and plants to make my fat fish possible.
They are happy though as long as they can see me they follow around the pond.

Ask a Question