Fearing the worst....

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This was our first bad winter with deer damage, think the poor things were starving. The plants will come back, most of them. The creeping junipers, not sure about they really got stripped. I need to groom the dead off and see if they green up again.
Or leave the dead stuff on there, get some green spray paint and spray the trees that way you can get one more season out of them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Or leave the dead stuff on there, get some green spray paint and spray the trees that way you can get one more season out of them.
very tempting!
Careful, Tmann, you don't want to get on Addy's bad side! :cautious:
John
I don't have a bad side...............my honey says both sides are perfect!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You guys are all very funny, ha ha ha!
More Water you are also taking this all very well, and I am sure I may have put some dead fish under this pine tree in past years, now pine tree is too big and needs to be chopped! Fish Fertilizer is pretty potent! :yuck:
But seriously, I would think of running a winter pump and filter in front of the pond heater all winter, and do not forget to add fresh water when it is minus 30 below! It if is going to be really cold like minus 40 below, I add water to bottom pond just before I go to bed, just in case too much ice develops, to ensure there is still water for pump and filter in that bottom pond. Oh the things I do for my fish, like pry the frozen back window open and run and house out of the window to add water to pond system in the dead of winter!

Ask a Question