"Keyhole"

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I got gold fish... these are bullfrogs. I would kick them out if it was my pond! :sneaky:
Maybe @
This is what I did to feed my frogs... I got a hotdog and cut it into thin strips, a julienne tool works best. Then I'd get a long, slim stick and drape the "hot dog worms" over the end of the stick and dangled it in front of the frog. The frogs ate it every time. And yes, I was called crazy by everyone who saw me do this!
That works! Once I had a pond snail and tried to get one of the turtles to eat it. No interest whatsoever. Then I took a skinny, long stick and gently jiggled the snail, and that turtle went "SNAP!" Yes, they do respond to motion. If I'd tried to move the snail with my finger, the silly turtle would have focused on my finger instead of the snail, LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is what I did to feed my frogs... I got a hotdog and cut it into thin strips, a julienne tool works best. Then I'd get a long, slim stick and drape the "hot dog worms" over the end of the stick and dangled it in front of the frog. The frogs ate it every time. And yes, I was called crazy by everyone who saw me do this!
I love it!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
1371760227257402.jpg

frogfish2.jpg

frogfish3.jpg

frogfish4.jpg

lrzDxn4.jpg

Any other questions?
Nope

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't know what kind of frogs these are but they "chirp" when they jump into the pond. No typical bullfrog noises...Ribbit...Ribbit

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My bullfrogs never make that noise. It's more of a high pitched "YIP!" as they jump in.
That reminds me of a couple of frogs we have: Southern Spotted Leopard and the Bronze frog (that also comes in green). But they don't get that big.

"Patio" used to be the resident Leopard, and "Banjo" is the collective name for the Bronzes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My bullfrogs never make that noise. It's more of a high pitched "YIP!" as they jump in.
Same here but the guy I got my fish and some lilies from has bullfrog that make that deep typical frog call. Wonder if it has to do with age/size of frog?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennicabailey

Latest Threads