sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lowes here had LED bulbs for 99 a piece and I picked up a lot of them for this house and the other house .Since the log cabin is off grid i bought some for my friend John because the log cabin has solar panels since it way off grid .He had CFL and they were useless .Found out something while there camera batteries don't work very good .They drain out real fast

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
As some-one who works in the lighting industry, can I please suggest you exercise extreme care with fluorescent LED tubes. Most on the market require you to remove the fluorescent control gear and wire the mains supply directly to the lamp holders, which is incredibly dangerous.

The lampholders are not designed to take mains and can overheat. Fires have been caused by overheating lampholders. The UK Lighting Industry trade organisation warns against the use of LED tubes.
I was hoping to get the 'made for led' fixture. If it exists, I just saw the tubes recently and would LOVE to ditch the florescents.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lowes has a shoplight here with led's on sale or 39 dollars that plugs in .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I was hoping to get the 'made for led' fixture. If it exists, I just saw the tubes recently and would LOVE to ditch the florescents.

You should be able to find a range now Peter. The company I work for has gone from 3% LED in 2011 to 65% in 2015. All of our new product designs are LED.
You'll need to check the Colour Temperature - go for 4000K or 3,500K. LEDs at 6,000K can be very "blue".

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
interesting are ground wires the same or do all countries use ground wires .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
interesting are ground wires the same or do all countries use ground wires .

Sissy, don't get me started on this one.

In the UK the ground wire is commonly called "Earth". Always has been, all my working life. Except about 10 years ago the Wiring Regs were updated and it became officially known as the "Circuit Protective Conductor" or CPC for short. I still call it Earth, every-one I work with still calls it Earth and woe betide anyone who tries to correct us.

Earth is Green/Yellow striped

I sometimes get the impression our Wiring Regs are written by academics who don't know which end of a screwdriver to hold.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
interesting .Are your electrical wires still the same as ours .Like 12 and 14 gauge for instance and ground contact .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyMetalPeach

Latest Threads