addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have slowed down on it, did a number on my hands hauling all those rocks last year.

Yep and once it settles in you see something that you need to, want to change lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
The new grass is growing in thick, and I got the plants from fishin put in the water today (hope I did them right). Figured it was time for more pictures, because everybody loves pictures :lol:

Was it only last month that this whole area was nothing but trampled dirt? Even the transplanted plants around the sides of the pond are growing strong. I've been watching for a decent price on more moneywort, but the stuff I have should just about cover the exposed dirt by the end of this Summer.
IMG_5941.JPG

Its kinda hard to see here, but there are quite a number of irises planted along the shore and in the water, not to mention a variety of other plants. Hopefully a good assortment of them survive the Winter.
IMG_5942.JPG

And the other side of the waterfall... again lots more irises, and a closer view of the new baby grass. There are also more plants in the water along the bank towards the right side here, but they'll have to grow a bit before you can see anything. Oh, and the bleeding heart is coming up by the fence next to the electrical outlet... It looked like a dead root-ball when it got dug up, and in fact was sliced in half by the shovel, so I planted each half on either side of the waterfall, and both are coming up strong and healthy!
IMG_5943.JPG

Now I need to finish the waterfall and get the rest of the irises planted around the sides this Fall, then see how everything grows in next Spring. And the rosys are really loving all the rocks I put along the edge to plant the iris bulbs in... they've been checking out the new caves and claiming their turf all day. Hopefully there will be some successful spawning this year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking beautiful, it is so much fun to see it come together and say wow I did that!

Doing good there!

hand_applause.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
his do! mine is straight and cork screwed , can't make up it's mind.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had one like that I think some may get crossed with other plants .I had one that got little yellow flower spikes last year .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to see everything is greening up and growing good for you shdwdrgn. It all looks very nice and pleasing to the eyes :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Yeah the corkscrews were what I had to cut apart to get out of their original basket. They were obviously needing more space, so now they have room to go crazy!

Thanks everyone, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out over the years.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is fun shdwdrgn, the changes I have seen from spring to now with my pond is just unreal and everyday something new is happening, growing, blooming.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Be careful walking on that, it is pretty steep for a Japanese Bridge.

Attachments

• Japanese Bridge by JORDE.jpg
    Japanese Bridge by JORDE.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 229

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great job looks good and your plants are thriving and pond water looks good .Your strawberries look like they love it there too .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice bridge, all is looking fantastic. Love the stream.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I like the look of the bridge in relation to the pond, it blends in very well! Not too big but big enough to look attractive.:regular_waving_emot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uneak821

Latest Threads