Congratulations to @GBBUDD for winning the June 2022 Photo of the Month! :D

GBBUDD.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you. It was an amazing day just outside yellow stone.
I came very close to PAYING for not paying attention to my surroundings as I was watching mom and her two cubs for a good 75 yards away.

My back was to some woods I heard some noise but was to enthralled with mom and the cubs. When an other grizzly came out of the woods not 25 feet from me.

I got a great shot of him with a 35 mm lens . But that noise of the shutter made his ears stand up and he looked directly at me "bad idea" I stood there playing dead or stupid not sure which. but he went back to foraging and walked away.

It's often not the picture but the story that went with it and I have a slew of pictures.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Must not have been hungry! Or figured you would taste bad!

Great shot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds worse then it was though I completely tensed up. he realy didn't care I was there. It's the not knowing that gets yea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I am almost finished one of the best books I have ever read on Grizzly bears (and I have read a lot)..."A Shape in the Dark" by Bjorn Dihle (he's an Alaska wilderness guide)....amazing research...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I saw two grizleys go at it at the Ohio zoo. They were behind very thick plexi glass and you could feel the pressure wave when the hit each other . That's all I needed to read about grizleys to give them respect. A Kodiak grizley against a lion I'm betting on the grizz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you. It was an amazing day just outside yellow stone.
I came very close to PAYING for not paying attention to my surroundings as I was watching mom and her two cubs for a good 75 yards away.

My back was to some woods I heard some noise but was to enthralled with mom and the cubs. When an other grizzly came out of the woods not 25 feet from me.

I got a great shot of him with a 35 mm lens . But that noise of the shutter made his ears stand up and he looked directly at me "bad idea" I stood there playing dead or stupid not sure which. but he went back to foraging and walked away.

It's often not the picture but the story that went with it and I have a slew of pictures.
Great picture and an amazing story. I love Yellowstone and need to get back. A very good friend of mine leaves for her trip to Yellowstone next week. She is trying to be upbeat. She originally planned the trip for spring of 2020 but that didn't happen.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great picture and an amazing story. I love Yellowstone and need to get back. A very good friend of mine leaves for her trip to Yellowstone next week. She is trying to be upbeat. She originally planned the trip for spring of 2020 but that didn't happen.
A good deal of the park is shut down at the moment due to floods. If I was her I'd look at a road trip and see if glacia national park has been affected by the rains. Glacia should be number 1 on everyone's bucket list

Reaction score
Country
United States
A good deal of the park is shut down at the moment due to floods. If I was her I'd look at a road trip and see if glacia national park has been affected by the rains. Glacia should be number 1 on everyone's bucket list
I've told her already. Glacier is my favorite. I've tried to explain that a several hundred mile road trip out there is easier than 50 mile drive from Philly to the Jersey Shore. She is thinking Teton but I feel like that is going to ridiculously crowded with Yellowstone partially shut down and limiting entrants.

Ask a Question