BagsPond update 3

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey everyone! I have bruises and scrapes galore -- and a nasty case of tennis elbow. But progress is happening. I have rocked most of the way around the pond. Rock placement is an art form. I can only hope that practice will make perfect and that I will get better at putting together this "puzzle" as I continue. I'm shimming and stacking -- turning -- changing my mind... Oh my gosh. It isn't easy.

I have rocks left, but I feel like they are the misfits. The ones with weird edges and corners and such. And they are what I have left for the waterfall! Yikes. This will be a challenge. I think I am going to take my hand truck out back and rob a couple of boulders I have in the landscape back there. They are really substantial and I think the bottom of the waterfall requires something large. The question will be: can one semi-arthritic, accident-prone 50 year old woman do this alone?

Stay tuned...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am 63 and have rebuilt my pond more times than I care to admit .Digging and putting a liner in by yourself is not easy .I have scoliosis ,(curved spine) and a enlarged heart and had my first heart attack at 20 .So we as women just grin and put up with it .It never gets easier ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I am 63 and have rebuilt my pond more times than I care to admit .Digging and putting a liner in by yourself is not easy .I have scoliosis ,(curved spine) and a enlarged heart and had my first heart attack at 20 .So we as women just grin and put up with it .It never gets easier ;)
And clearly, when we really want to do something -- we just do it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Tried moving the big boulders today from the back to the front, just me and my red hand truck.

Nope.

:bucktooth::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Progress! Just in the process of building and seeing how things fit. Nothing is totally set yet. But we got the biggest boulders in place, with MUCH difficulty. They are staying!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3583.jpg
    IMG_3583.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3580.jpg
    IMG_3580.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3579.jpg
    IMG_3579.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 222

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ponddigger put underlayment under the heavy rocks or extra liner ..Are you worried about if you may have damaged the liner .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
ponddigger put underlayment under the heavy rocks or extra liner ..Are you worried about if you may have damaged the liner .
No, because I too am such a Pond Digger fan that I watched all his videos a bazillion times -- so I DID put some extra underlay where needed! ;) The rocks are actually much lighter than the ones he uses most of the time -- with the exception of the two big ones. I put a piece of underlay beneath the spots that were carrying the bulk of the weight. I think we should be good! :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
One cool tip for anyone moving heavy rocks over liner: we used two of those foam plastic squares that link together as a play mat or floor covering. You know the ones? Often multi-colored and the edges fit together like puzzle pieces to make a big mat. We used a couple of those to roll the rocks across. Also used around, under and behind when we were twisting and turning to re-adjust. Worked really well! Even made it easier to move the rocks as well as protect the liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I buy the ones that are black to put under my lawn mowers .
We've found all sorts of good uses for them! Put them under the kids' blow up pool when they were little, to cushion under the driveway. Use them to kneel on when gardening... I keep hanging onto them because we keep finding more uses!

Ask a Question