• Yes

• No

• OF COURSE

Results are only viewable after voting.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you! I figured there was a reason but didn't know if he had other pump options for the existing hardware. That is a pretty big climb to make so the larger pipe and pump makes sense.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can buy a watt tester .I bought one years ago but now signed up with my electric company and get updates when something is using more electricity than it should .To test you can stuff something in the bottom hose and then use gallon bottles of water until it fills up and keep track of how many gallons you put in the pipe and after a couple of hours ( unstuff pipe )refill the bottles and see if you come up with the same amount of water

Reaction score
Country
United States
thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I think the best option is running 2 inch pvc tubing up the side with the Alpine PAL6550 with a check valve. The same length of tubing at 3 inches is 3x the times the price...so unless someone thinks it's absolutely necessary I'm gonna stick with the 2 inch.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our forum!
I run our stream on a timer, with a clear water harbor freight pump, hooked to 1 inch line. Our head pressure is around 100 feet more or less. I run it enough to enjoy and refresh the steams small ponds and water collections.

Ask a Question