Can you change the order that posts appear in a thread?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
At one time, I thought you could order posts something like “newest first” or “oldest first” so when you’re following a thread you automatically go to the “most recent” post instead of all the way back to the beginning.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Up in the right hand corner you can click on "jump to new". Helps a lot when you know you've been following a post and don't want to scan to see where you left off!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Up in the right hand corner you can click on "jump to new". Helps a lot when you know you've been following a post and don't want to scan to see where you left off!
That’s what I thought, but apparently not all threads have this option. In particular, I’m talking about the “WORDLE” thread. It doesn’t…..

IMG_7448.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If you click on the date/time when the last reply was posted rather than the title of the thread, it takes you straight to that latest post.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Is this browser dependent? When I click on the thread title it takes me to the latest post.

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge browser.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I’m on my iPad. I can tap on the last “page” listed to go to that page, but I was wanting to re-set the thread to always start with the most current post (without having to do it manually). I know this has been an option on some threads…..is it somehow thread-specific?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Interesting. Maybe this is a browser/device specific feature?
I thought that, as well, but I was able to do it very recently on another thread. Maybe it’s a setting that the OP chooses when setting up the initial thread…..? @combatwombat Do you have anything special turned on or off in the WORDLE thread?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I thought that, as well, but I was able to do it very recently on another thread. Maybe it’s a setting that the OP chooses when setting up the initial thread…..? @combatwombat Do you have anything special turned on or off in the WORDLE thread?

No. It should be the same for any thread. Sounds like it's device specific. Go to some other threads that you've visited before on your iPad and see if Jump to new is there.

Are you using Safari on your iPad? If so, try tapping that aA icon on the top left of the screen and tap "Request Desktop Site." Should show up then.

Also, could you have disable cookies for GPF? Do you have to log in every time you visit? If cookies are disabled, your browser can't store info about what you've seen already, so it can't show you a "jump to new" button because it doesn't know what's new,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Android here, I just touch new posts or what's new. I do have cookies enabled. Auto log in.
Firefox browser

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don’t know WHAT happened, but the WORDLE thread swapped itself out today……and the most recent posts are showing up first, rather than the oldest posts! If anyone made this magically happen…..THANK YOU!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don’t know WHAT happened, but the WORDLE thread swapped itself out today……and the most recent posts are showing up first, rather than the oldest posts! If anyone made this magically happen…..THANK YOU!
Not me!

Ask a Question