Changing tank water -- a follow-up

Reaction score
Oh my gosh this is the best idea!!! I hated dealing with lugging 5 gallon buckets of water around. It was a disaster waiting to happen! I got the python and it is sooo much easier now. I think I will try your method as they python is cumbersome.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I use an old garden hose, that one end connects to this bigger hard tube that I use to sift the gravel. The other end is connected to outside water faucet and then I turn the water on a little till it fills the hose up. The other end is in the fish tank water and I tilt the long hard tube till the air bubbles come out and stick in the gravel. Then I run outside and unhook the end from the outdoor water faucet and let the water free flow out, pulled by gravity. It works great and the hard tubing shifts thew the gravel via my hand and out comes the dirt and down the old garden house and out the door and into the garden...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I use an old garden hose, that one end connects to this bigger hard tube that I use to sift the gravel. The other end is connected to outside water faucet and then I turn the water on a little till it fills the hose up. The other end is in the fish tank water and I tilt the long hard tube till the air bubbles come out and stick in the gravel. Then I run outside and unhook the end from the outdoor water faucet and let the water free flow out, pulled by gravity. It works great and the hard tubing shifts thew the gravel via my hand and out comes the dirt and down the old garden house and out the door and into the garden...
I love the sharing of ideas!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The extent of my equipment! Well, and the kitchen sink.....:)

image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just run the hose out the door start a siphon and let it drain, with some debris swishing going on. To refill I have a hose screw in attachment for the bathroom faucet, screw it attach the hose, refill the tank, done.

Ask a Question