Circular formal pond under construction

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's turned out GREAT so far! I like the shape, colors and planters. Will look really nice when it's filled with water and plants around it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement all . My goal is to get a pond liner and fiiller up this year. I have a pump , I need a make-shift fountian in the middle and maybe 3 fish , Im more interested in the excellent choice of plants that are possible . (especially water lillies - wondering if I can do tropical waterlillies and overwinter them inside) I need to read-up more on alot of stuff .I also need to make a bio filter .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful job! I have a few tropical lilies that are managing to survive the winter inside. Last year one lived, one died. Most of mine are hardies.

Reaction score
I think I'm just going to make a simple fountian in the middle,I can't wait to get water lilys and goldfish and frogs!!

Attachments

• pond1.jpg
    pond1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 286

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well welcome back and glad you posted update pics .I am from Edison Nj and moved to a warmer area

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I moved down here 9 years ago after the Edison ford plant closed and we retired down here .To expensive to retire up there .Down here 1 thousand a year in taxes on 3 acres up there 1 acre 11 thousand a year .We lived on Old Post Rd in Edison on a private owned road .I actually think they said it was the only private owned road in Edison .It was still part of Old Post RD but there were only 4 houses on it .You did all the stucco work on your pond your self ?I have yet to see a pond built like yours on here .great job

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I have to say you did one great job doing it .I don't see stucco much here but love the look of it but I would sure never try that myself .I would make a mess of it :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You did a very nice job and now for the plants and fish.............you will have to show us when you get it all stocked w/ your fish kids :biggrin:

Ask a Question