Cold weather moved in

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I went ahead and turned my pump off and drained my filters and lines..
We got a light coat of snow this morning and the pond was starting to get a little slush on top..
Its not going to get any better this week so i just shut it down.
I had 2 ball valves that i should of had cracked open to let water move through to keep them from freezing that wont turn, i have the heater blowing on them right now ,And as slow as i type they should turn when i get done with this post

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I walked outside and it real quiet...strange feeling

Reaction score
LOL! You are right! I keep gpoing over to the pond to make sure there's water still inside. LOL! Normally I can hear the water flowing from the falls once I hit the drivway.

We have a paper thin layer of ice on top too except for the corners where my air hoses are bubbling. The fish are in a state of suspended animation--just hunkered down at the bottom. It truly is amazing what these creatures do to stay alive in the cold.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
We are getting colder and colder its going to get down in the single digits by the weeks end...Its been 10 years since its been this cold..

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
It all started about the same time i started reading your posts ..:salook: Matak LOL

Reaction score
Coincidence? I think not.

IceManCometh.jpg

Reaction score
DrCase said:
Matak you are funny...
its nice to have you around
Thank you Doc. I like the people here, mature yet fun.
Stroppy, sorry to hear the loss of your fry. If it continues, you might have to take some of the measures that those of us from the colder parts of NA & Europe have to take. Have you gotten much snow? I heard that some parts of the UK will have as much as 24" after it is all said & done.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
yes i think i will have to put a cover over the pond ...normally quite mild in my part of the uk ... and yes we have snow but only a couple of inches ... and yes up north have really bad snow .. its expected to last for most of this month !!

Reaction score
stroppy said:
yes i think i will have to put a cover over the pond ...normally quite mild in my part of the uk ... and yes we have snow but only a couple of inches ... and yes up north have really bad snow .. its expected to last for most of this month !!
I didn't realize it was quite this bad Stroppy:

_47061196_greatbritainjpg.jpg

Ask a Question