Excess liner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I just finished expanding my pond on Monday, complete with new bog. :) I was wondering what everyone does with the rest of the liner along the edges? Do you cut it? If you fold it under, how do you do that? I want to get the landscaping done, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How much liner? I usually fold any under, seems like you always want it later. Also let the ground settle sometimes the liner moves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The best thing is to bury it. I put pea gravel, then dirt, then mulch and grow plants over it. The pea gravel keeps it down so water can't get under it and cause floating liner syndrom. The nice part about keeping some is if you ever want to build the edges out a little or raise it up you have the liner do do it with. It is good to have it go at least a foot out from the edge of the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I folded my extra over just in case I wanted to go higher with my block .Always better to not cut if you can fold it under .

Ask a Question