exposed liner

Reaction score
I don't know, the weight is going to be there whether or not the rocks are attached. If the liner slides under the rock it would seem that there is more of a chance of it tearing because of the friction and the roughness of the rock.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't know, the weight is going to be there whether or not the rocks are attached. If the liner slides under the rock it would seem that there is more of a chance of it tearing because of the friction and the roughness of the rock.

Why would liner "slide under a rock"?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I worry too much that attaching rocks to the liner is that the possible weight eventually tearing a hole in your liner. I have tried to avoid gluing anything to my liner for that reason.

I had occasion to re-build a pond some years ago where the pondowner did just that...glued the rock to the liner in an effort to hide exposed liner around the pond's perimeter. Because the rock was never really stabilized, one entire side of the pond liner collapsed when time or someone stepping in the wrong spot caused the rock to move into the pond pulling the liner with it. Luckily they did not lose any fish when over half of the water drained out but the re-build was an unplanned cost that could have been avoided.

Ask a Question