Finally got it looking good!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Got some growth now instead of just plain nasty chewed up dirt and the pond is finally clear and all my lil fishies are super happy!

side.jpg IMG_20140820_143313.jpg

This is a picture from my daughters tree house you can also see it in the backround. The ponds behind my screened in smoke/grilling area.

IMG_20140820_143353.jpg IMG_20140820_143858.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh the ivy is taking over .Makes it look natural but are you worried about snakes hiding in it .Sorry but had a bad run in with a snake myself

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The snake had a bit of a run in w/ you too sissy and think you got the better end of the deal. You did suffer from that one tho, I remember it well :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have 3 cats and 3 beagles that regularly patrol the area, so snakes haven't been much of a problem. Although we did have a timber rattler in the front yard not to long ago first time we had a snake incident the dogs had him pinned against a tree I had to shoot him which I hate but I didn't wanna lose a dog or cat or my daughter. Since then Iv cleared out a lot of dead pine I had from the rough winter to hopefully keep them from thinking they can have a home.

Now I just need to get good ideas of stuff to put down inside the pond to give the fish some fun safe homes to play in, before all the plant growth I lost two koi to some sorta bird bit them right in half felt bad so I fertilized the hell out of that Kudzu the vine that's growing and now it taking over but thankfully its easily mowed so controllable.

Iv had so much fun just bought two more butterfly koi and added them in a few days ago they love their new home and fit right in with the pack of sarassas, shabukins and koi, also have a pleco hes so elusive I almost never see him.

Ask a Question