how deep before needing a bottom drain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know a lot about raccoons but i do know about herons!!! so this time when i built the new and improved mk2 pond.
I tried a few experiments to see if the for said koi eater pest was able to get a free meal,
first i squatted on the side of the pond,
i put my hands in my front pockets of my jacket,
stuck my elbows out to replicate wings,
i then tried for several hours to try and catch a fish in my mouth
as fully grown adult used to solving problems and being unsuccessful i then came to the conclusion the pond is heron proof,
may be you could adopt the same experiments with your pond and the raccoons,
you must become that raccoon

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I used 3 pieces, 1 large one for the pond and 2 for the stream. They are all just overlapped.

Here is the 2 pieces in the stream, the pond liner is not in yet. I was testing my stream out first. All I did was remove the water and lift it up to install the felt underlayment and the liner in the pond.

IMG_2011 by Rob & Amy Lavoie, on Flickr

Reaction score
ROTFL Trying to picture Slick squatting next to a pond trying to catch fish! I think a heron had better fish catching adaptations. As for me acting like a raccoon...don't think so. Would not want the new neighbors to think I crackpot just moved in.

Ask a Question