How much do you think?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Our position on proper care is simple. If you have something built then if you do not follow up with the proper care then why was it built in the first place. Whether built or purchased we use that same basic reasoning with our home, automobiles and other possessions.

Again thanks folks,
Lou

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would have guess in the area of 1000.00 I'm sure it took more then a few hours. If done right post holes dug. Filled with concrete. Plus any permits required.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lou,
In the UK, your $700 equates to £450. I have a local tradesman I use, very professional and thorough, high quality work.
I'd guess a couple of days - one to prepare and the second to apply a couple of coats (depending on the drying time between coats). So he'd probably charge me £150/day plus materials, about £300/$450 for two days.
I'm not sure on the length of the fence, could that stretch the job into a third day?

And I totally agree with your sentiments on maintenance and aftercare. Maintenance is far cheaper than replacement.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
The power washing was done for days before staining at a cost of $100. The semi-transparent stain was applied by spray in two coats to all sides of each structure at a cost of $602. Total job $702. The stain quickly soaks into the cedar wood. Once the first coat was applied to the entire structure and absorbed into the wood the second coat was applied. All areas subject to overspray were protected by canvas sheeting. The entire job was completed in about 4 hours. The lead painter had me inspect each structure for approval. We are very happy with the results. Thank you for your interest.

Ask a Question