Is there meaning behind your screen name?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
VA is where homeowners can grow 4 mj plants legally . I have never used it and never will . But I did go to NC where a guy builds hemp block houses . It' s an interesting build just like strawbale houses and houses here that are built from tires , I have seen alot of interesting builds and really amazed at how nice they turn out . One thing they do complain about is the failure of solar panels . Pollen , dust storm damage and cleaning them often so they work to capicity they are intended for . They all suggest putting them on ground mounted frames . But then they say squirrels , raccoons , birds (bird poop and nests ) rabbits and bear and even foxes and turkeys damage them . Not to mention deer on the run are on that list .Some people up by the dump are building a high tunnel house . Not sure why they would build it next to the dump , but oh well

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
VA is where homeowners can grow 4 mj plants legally . I have never used it and never will . But I did go to NC where a guy builds hemp block houses . It' s an interesting build just like strawbale houses and houses here that are built from tires , I have seen alot of interesting builds and really amazed at how nice they turn out . One thing they do complain about is the failure of solar panels . Pollen , dust storm damage and cleaning them often so they work to capicity they are intended for . They all suggest putting them on ground mounted frames . But then they say squirrels , raccoons , birds (bird poop and nests ) rabbits and bear and even foxes and turkeys damage them . Not to mention deer on the run are on that list .Some people up by the dump are building a high tunnel house . Not sure why they would build it next to the dump , but oh well
Maybe they plan on eating and living off of what they find at the dump. People throw away some good stuff :love:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I went to the dump today ad got the pleasure of speaking to them . Reason they built it there thier family inherated the land the property was given to them by the relatives after that . No one in the family wanted it because it was next to the dump . .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You could not pay me to live within a mile of a dump. Your car , property, house patio chair, table, pool, KOI POND will constantly be covered in SEAGULL POOP tHEN THERES THE AROMA... HELLLLLLL NO

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We don't have a problem with birds like that here . The dump is a local collection sight that is for people who live here because we have no garbage pick up . It is huge containers that they take away . It is not a dump sight like you are thinking , The big containers are taken away every day . no birds around .Not even a smell to the place because the guy sprays everyday with a eco spray to keep odors at bay . Only the stray cats they keep there to get the mice and there is a shed where the guy stays during the day to monitor peoples license plates to make sure they live in Pittsylvania county . Gosh they even have a tv there behind plexiglass and the gates are locked at night , can't take garbage there after dusk , We pay 120 dollars a year to dump our household trash there . If you live in the county there is no garbage pick up . There are 6 of those kinds of dump sights in my county since the county is so big . I do miss curbside pick up like back in NJ . 4 dumpsters and 5 recycle dumpsters in every one of them . plastic , cardboard , cans , glass recycle and paper . And they get full everyday . Our county is big on recycle and people do care here . They even have security cameras a the dump sights . Garbage only stays there until trucks pick the dumpsters up

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes let us know @combatwombat .
I think it's a cartoon character
C. Wombat.gif

Interesting.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ha! The Combat Wombat was a dirt bike model from the 60s. I think my friend’s dad had one when we were in high school and we all that that was funny. The internet started being interactive around the same time and that was one of my usernames. Have always stuck with it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@GBBUDD my hubby and I just got through watching the whole documentary show on youtube about that White Family. Wow what a bunch of crazy losers! I think you are lucky to have not been too involved w/that accident you had w/her. Her family might have been out for your blood just for the heck of it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD my hubby and I just got through watching the whole documentary show on youtube about that White Family. Wow what a bunch of crazy losers! I think you are lucky to have not been too involved w/that accident you had w/her. Her family might have been out for your blood just for the heck of it!
The scariest part is there are MANY FAMILIES just like them out there. The things i saw would break your heart, turn your stomache as well as make you outraged. Go into some of these hollas and you literally may not come back out. '

The drugs, the poverty is eye opening. Burning trash piles in the front yard , now I'm not talking leaves and limbs, i'm talking tide bottle the plastic tricycle, all the house hold garbage, All the while a 3 year old blondie is using this pile to play with his Tonka truck.

We would see at least one house fire weekly, now in a big city that's nothing new but in the country that's a bit odd. Came to the realization some of it was probably a kitchen fire or an electrical issue. but i'd be willing to bet a little more than half was the neighbors forcing some of the riff raf out.

At the x mass party i was designated driver and on the way back the other couple wanted to stop at a convenience store when we parked the wife started to get out of the car when another pulled in as they did so she got a good look at them with meth sores all over them and it had effected them iin the walk everything very sad. the wife then said she passed she'd wait until the morning to comeback as she was afraid they'd eat her. Her actual words.

i tried to find a picture i have of a pickup truck where the inner strands of the tire were not just showing a little due to a unbalanced tire. but this tire was almost split in half the rubber was literally separated 3/4 of the way AROUND the tire. Even if this was a farm truck that had to be a rough ride

Again also met some fantastic folks out there but you didn't need to keep them in your thoughts when you headed down a dirt road at the end off a halla, but you sure did want to remember the Whites WHEN YOU DID SO....

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
i USE less electric than ever . laundry once a week hang clothes out an since 2004 have maybe used my dryer 5 times . People joked about my over built house . 2 x6 stud walls insulation on plywood outside and under my drywall basement floor and walls insulated and decided to add more insulation to my attic and floors R 30 . I had blown in sulation added to my attic back in 2008 and it was 5 feet high but went somewhere , not sure where . New heat pump lennox in 2018 dual stage wifi thermostat . Dishwasher takes whole week of dirty dishs . new highbred water heater made by white that cleans it's self . All LED lights that are barely used . Led tv's that are barely used . Also have installed what is called vampire monitors in thouse that disconnect things when they are not used . Danville utilities offers that energy wise connect that tells me if something is using more power than it should .Only electric here unless you want propane . Even my basement block is the 16 inch wide ones with foam insulation core inside them , THEY LAUGHED AT ME . said i could heat my house with a 150 watt heat bulb . Overbuilt heck no worth it yes

Ask a Question