Jumping in

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Everything died in my barrel planter this winter:( It also stunk to high heaven! I cleaned it out, bought new plants and added a mosquito dunk...we shall see. I really like @rodsboys barrel....will think about it :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
This thread just makes me think of my "pond progression" process... probably similar to MANY on here. Started with 50 gallon pre-form with a water lily and some comets. Got ambitious and decided to dig (but had limited space at rental property). Transformed into a 360 gallon, 3' deep pond with a few koi and goldfish varieties. Bought a house, started digging, and now have a 1500 gallon partially above & below ground pond with 12 beautiful fish, mini cattails, lilies, water hyacinth, irises, and calla lilies, 2 waterfalls, etc. And the total time period of this progression?? UNDER TWO YEARS! Yep, it's a sickness.

All the tubs on here look great! Hmmmm. I have a 100 gallon stock tank sitting around. That would be a great way to keep nice water plants without my fish nibbling away at them...

Ask a Question