j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Dave 54 you just need to get the directions on how to do them and you or your wife or someone in your family can make one or more for of them :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I dont have that artistic bent j,w, and with Va;'s MD she couldnt lift the ball to make it :(

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bet one could make those on something lighter don't ya think? Like a big aluminum ball or something? You'd have to fasten them to something tho or they'd roll away.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm with Dave on this one. It's the artistic talent part that is lacking on this end...... And I have so many little half-started projects, I'm afraid I'd get started and never finish.

I've made little mosaics using polymer clay -- covering rocks or bricks to go in the garden. They're cute, but the sun does fade them quite a bit over time. And they're small, not like the bowling balls!

Reaction score
Bet one could make those on something lighter don't ya think? Like a big aluminum ball or something? You'd have to fasten them to something tho or they'd roll away.
I have seen people make them out of glass globes that would cover a light fixture...they are smaller but still work well.

Reaction score
I'm with Dave on this one. It's the artistic talent part that is lacking on this end...... And I have so many little half-started projects, I'm afraid I'd get started and never finish.

Thats the issue with having a lot of hobbies. I solved it (a a little) by doing certain things seasonally.

In the winter, I take my dogs tracking and to the beach (the cool damp weather we have is better for tracking and lots of other people stay home leaving beaches empty for off leash romps), I sew in my sewing room and read a lot.

In the summer I garden, make bowling balls (I sit outside to do it) and do more sheep herding (no mud to slide around in when the sheep bump into me) and obedience stuff with my dogs (indoors in a/c).

Reaction score
very nice work rushdoggie...maybe these will inspire you...it is 70+ pics of some of my mosaic work and my tile jobs from the last few yrs...just so ya know i sent a 45 lb marble mosaic stepping stone and it was only 40-ish bux...the important part is build as small a box as you can and still have room to protect your art...and your friends and customers will love it...I was lucky enough to get a feature spread in the artist's corner of koiusa magazine in 2010 and I sent the stepping stone to the editor, Steve Childers, at the time...as an act of appreciation...some of the pics from the article are in my photos...enjoy and keep up the good work...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill...e-and-Marble/282885071756134?sk=photos_stream

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
very nice work rushdoggie...maybe these will inspire you...it is 70+ pics of some of my mosaic work and my tile jobs from the last few yrs...just so ya know i sent a 45 lb marble mosaic stepping stone and it was only 40-ish bux...the important part is build as small a box as you can and still have room to protect your art...and your friends and customers will love it...I was lucky enough to get a feature spread in the artist's corner of koiusa magazine in 2010 and I sent the stepping stone to the editor, Steve Childers, at the time...as an act of appreciation...some of the pics from the article are in my photos...enjoy and keep up the good work...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill...e-and-Marble/282885071756134?sk=photos_stream

Hey, Billy! Thanks so much for coming over to look! And now that I think about it, bowling balls can weigh as little as 10# [or even less].....

@Rushdoggie You may end up having a few customers, here! That's a shipping fee I could handle....

Reaction score
I had the idea of doing something like this only in a stepping stone format as the entrance to our pond area. If I ever get the time to assemble all the needed materials I may just get it done! Beautiful mosaic!

Ask a Question