Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Sorry to say that Leonidas did not make it :( He was very sick though so I have a bit of bitter sweet relief because seeing him suffer really was a very unpleasant experience but I will definitely miss seeing him at my desk each morning. Thanks to all who responded with kind words.
RIP Leo :(
15 - 3.jpg

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Have you come to a conclusion why your betta died, Marshall?
It was a water issue (there was a filter failure) but he was already old and so his little immune system was not that great. My vet was even surprised when he died because I had noticed the health problem so quickly and taken steps to fix the filter which had messed up and was discharging its contents back into the system bringing PH levels a little higher than normal but not outrageously high and definitely not lethal for bettas in most circumstances (0.8 ph change for about 5 hours or so estimated). She said that to be 3 years and 3.5 months old he was already mature for a betta so. I guess I am happy that at least I was able to make an effort to help him and make his tank as comfortable as possible during the end of his life.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I guess you could call it giving up but, I don't think I'm gonna get another betta because I seem to get too attached to them and having them die sucks, also with the rescue going I can't spare much time for anything new. Maybe in the future, who knows because I am not that good at making up my mind either... lol I may not wan't one now but in a week or two that could go out the window :D

Ask a Question