looking for advice -

Reaction score
attached is a pic of my pond, i am looking to do something below the window, possibly a window box, but looking for any other ideas....

Attachments

• IMAG0712.jpg
    IMAG0712.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 321

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like the idea of the window box! You could put colorful annuals in there each Spring and maybe something that hangs down also in there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
window box would be nice but in heavy rains you may get the dirt washing into your pond .You could put a pretty tall bright colored planter there or even several laid on there side spilling water into the pond ..Maybe one standing and 2 laid down .Make it look nice .Even if you go a little country you could use old metal milk cans or some type of metal sculpture .Lots of ideas you can use and it would be your choice

Reaction score
i have window boxeson my other windows and one trick is too put weed blocker where the drainage holes are, that way water comes through but not the dirt.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
You could cut down a piece of lattice to fit under the window to match the one on the left, and get soem sort of plant that would grow up it.

Reaction score
What I would do is redo the edge of the pond so no liner shows and all you see is river rock above and below the water line, replace the flag stone with more river rock, and put faux river rock on both walls up to the window level.
But that's just me. ;)

Reaction score
i would love to hide the liner, but im afraid to bring the edge down since its against the house. i was thinking about getting thinner peices of rocks and gluing them down to hide the liner. any other suggestions welcomed

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
check out rock on a roll, you can install it over the liner, don't cut a straight edge, make the edge rock shapes. Also have it go into the water, it will blend after time. Put it on with some goop, it does tend to float up.

http://rock-on-a-roll.com/

Reaction score
i would love to hide the liner, but im afraid to bring the edge down since its against the house. i was thinking about getting thinner peices of rocks and gluing them down to hide the liner. any other suggestions welcomed
You don't have to bring it down any, you just build a ledge below the water level for the rock to sit on and bring the liner up behind and and fold it over the rocks and lay some more rock on top of that to hide the liner. The liner ends up the same hight above the water, but doing it this way any exposed liner is below the water level and can't be seen.
gallery_3859_189_45197.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
home depot offers a DIY video for a vertical garden it is really neat, filled with annuals for lots of color. You could probably find it on their site or just google it. Anyway it would look pretty to do something like that in demensions to fit from the ground to the bottom of the window. It would look like a wall of flowers. Would be something different too. I also like the idea of having something that pours the water into the pond. They are really neat things out there. I've seen one thing that looks like 3 different height bamboo stalks each one spilling into the other then into the pond, and I have also seen where there are 3 different sized barrels that pour into each other then the pond.

Ask a Question