lowering pH

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay: so this is getting embarrassing. I'm probably the only person on this forum who asks so many questions. But hey, anything to help my fish! So my current problem is this: my pH is at 8.2 or so. I tried a pH lower-er once, but it bounced back, so I didn't want to do that again to avoid stressing my fish. I don't know the kH of the pond, but I'm assuming it's high, which would account for the bounce-back...I think? One method I heard of is driftwood because it releases tannins to soften the water, but can't tannins be dangerous? Are there any other methods for helping the pH? Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Extra info: just measure the tap water and it's 7.4.....even more confused now. The only thing in the pond is a net covering it (doesn't touch the water), an external bio filter, a submerged pump, and a few fallen leaves. Not even any fish yet. I believe the pond itself is resin.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read it was 6.8-8.2. Once again, thanks for calming me down.

Ask a Question