Mrs George Hitchcock night bloomer pics ! + hardy white

Reaction score
Here are two Mrs. George Hitchcock wter lily pics (they are night bloomers) and one hardy white water lily ! These are my first blooms ever ! :)

Attachments

• 2013mrsgeorgehitchcock1.jpg
    2013mrsgeorgehitchcock1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 2013mrsgeorgehitchcock2.jpg
    2013mrsgeorgehitchcock2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 293
  • waterlilly1.jpg
    waterlilly1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 280

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Did you buy it as a marked lily or get this from someone calling it a Mrs. George Hitchcock? I have Mrs. George Hitchcock and it looks deeper pink. I think that's ROSA DE LA NOCHE, It may be that it darkens some as it blooms more. Some of the pink night bloomers are hard to positively identify. I think of all he tropicals Night bloomers are by far my favorite.

Reaction score
fisin4 i got it from Trickers so it sould be as named. i think the blooms got a little darker pink the next two nights.How often does yours bloom ? does it ever ave more tan one bloom at a time ?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Out of six night bloomers usually at least three have blooms every night. My red flare usually has two or three blooms a night and Anteres has between two and five blooms a night. I also have Texas shell pink, Rosa De La Noche, Mrs. George Hitchcock, and a unknown/unnamed white. They usually only have one maybe two blooms a night and not every night. They do need a lot of fert. I feed every three to four weeks. If you start seeing yellowing leaves and the size of the plant starts looking like it's getting smaller, then your waiting to long between feedings. I also notice your in New jersey, they will have to be brought in for winter. I usually take the bulb/tuber out and place it in a cool dark area but don't let the bulb dry out and don't let the water get to fowl. Come spring replant and off it will go again. If you see nannies separate and plant in a separate pot. to many baby lilies and the parent plant won't bloom nearly as much.

Reaction score
Fishing4 THANKYOU for that info. It looks like it is developing 3 new blooms right now and the water temp is nice n warm. I just fertilized it a few days ago.I'll keep an eye on her !

Ask a Question