My Aquariums

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have glass for a tank i never put together never thought about an actual mangrove root tank. that is something to think about the glass if for a 32 or 36 wide and 6 feet long but i beilieve it was only 24 deep.

@Jhn I saw a video the other night with some ridiculous corals and inverts crazy colors and shapes i should have sent it you i'll see if i can find it
Yeah they have some crazy colored corals out there. That one in my tank is getting out of control, it is putting more crazy whirls and plates out since you saw it.

I put a mangrove in my pond this past spring and it did fine, except I lost track of it late in the year with all the other plants in the bog and left it there this winter. Gets a little to cold around me to leave mangroves outside year round, could bring it in but I would need to remember. They are an interesting addition once they get going, but grow very slow.

UkiahTheTurtle

Tiny Little goldfish pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tanks look good, on the mangrove tank you can get the roots to grow exposed by staking the mangrove so the rooted part of the propogule is up out of the sand, if you like that look. Used to have them in a refugium on my reef tank, but it got about 3’ tall or so and a little unwieldy, so out it came….always liked the look of mangroves in a display tank, nice job.
What would you recommend using for staking up the mangroves

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So here are my aquariums

View attachment 147897
Size: 20 gallons
my aquarium that got me back into fishkeeping and it has a five year old glofish tetra named Flyer
Stock:
4 black skirt tetra
6 bronze corydoras
1 ram cichlid
1-3 amano shrimp
6 nerite snails
View attachment 147899
This is my second aquarium and my first attempt at a planted tank (my first tank just recently became planted)
Stock:
1 female betta
2 male mollys
3 zebra danios
1 Siamese algae eater
5 peppered corydoras
3 amano shrimp
View attachment 147900
This is my first reef tank (and 3rd aquarium) I just recently changed the aquascape slightly
Specific gravity - 1.025
Stock:
1 frostbite occelarus clownfish
1 court jester goby
1 tailspot blenny
1 purple firefish
3 peppermint shrimp
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
Various clean up crew and coral
View attachment 147901
Size: 10 gallons
This is my second attempt at a planted aquarium and my 4th aquarium it has a ton of easy to keep plants like Java fern, Anubias, cryptocorne, Java moss, and some type of hair grass
Stock:
3 pea puffers
8 diamond head neon tetras
5 amano shrimp
2 nerite snails
View attachment 147902
Size 1 gallon
This is a little one gallon bowl I made for fun it is filtered by all the plants in it
Stock:
2 ramshorn snails
View attachment 147903
Size 20 gallons
This is a brackish water aquarium I made and I’m pretty happy with it I am currently growing out some baby mangroves in it
Specific gravity - 1.003 currently
Stock:
6 guppies
6 bumblebee gobys
6 nerite snails

Anyway hope everyone likes my aquariums if there is any tips anybody has for me that would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks:)
Nice collection. Get some bristlenosed to help with algea

Ask a Question