Do any of you ponders also have aquariums?

Reaction score
And if so, do you overwinter your fish in your ponds or bring them inside? Not really applicable for larger ponds, I guess... just curious.

I really want a large aquarium now that I've been bitten by the pond/fish bug. Not sure how my fiancé is gonna like this idea yet, considering he's already grown tired of my ponding, LOL. I just can't imagine my one betta being enough to keep the newly discovered fishkeeper in me happy this winter now that I've found the joy in ponding. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had aquariums first, aquariums and ponds second, now just a big pond, we are on the go too much to have aquariums

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I started with a 30 gallon aqaurium, and then I added a 55 gallon. But I was a youngin, and eventually got tired of moving my aqauriums from apartment to apartment, or rented house and I got rid of both of them. (gave the 30 gallon to my little sister)

So when I finally bought a house, I toyed with the idea of buying another aquarium. but decided to go straight for the pond. But somehow in the chaos of my little sister moving... I ended up with my old 30 gallon aqaurium again. Aparently, she was getting sick of moving it from house to house and decided to give it back to me since im staying put now.

Theres a pic of my little setup, This was right after i set it up, no fish in there when i took the pic, now i have an oscar and a green terror in it.

View attachment 6485

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 335

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have had aquariums most all my life but now only have the pond. Just seemed to be much easier to take care of the pond now and aquarium became a hassell to clean.

My 72 gallon aquarium:

2004new75galaquarium1.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha koidaddy you need new glasses, that's huge and very nice :lol:

Reaction score
I have had a 20 gallon aquarium for about 12 years. I toyed with the idea about getting a larger one,but I just don't have the room. JW and koidaddy I love your set ups.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My last aquarium was 175 gallons all south american ciclids. When I moved across country I sold it. 8 feet long and heavier than poop.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
gosh glad I never weighed poop

Laughing sissy! only you..............well you know elephant poop!

took 5 guys to carry it out of my house, and their legs where shaking!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok and now I have to weigh elephant poop now .Where do I find the elephant and and how in gods name do you weigh it and I guess my snow shovel will come in handy .Not sure the shovel would be happy LOL

Reaction score
I'm pretty new here, and new to the Pond scene...but have been doing indoor aquariums for years. this is my 125 gallon , CO2 pressurized tank with all live plants! Maintnence is pretty easy onit since wheni built the tank i ended up plumbing into the wall a dedicated water changing system that runs down to the basement..so no need to shlep around python tubing to do water changes, oh and i prewired the base stand for all the filters, and uv lights :squint:

oh...and I built the entire tank stand and canopy from the ground up using cherry wood:fish:

FishTank2-1.jpg

FishTank1.jpg

WaterExchangeplumbing.jpg

Fronttank2.jpg

FrontTank1.jpg

Ask a Question