My pond photos

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks for info, Tmann. Another question: second to last pic, the evergreen top center, thinking it's maybe a spruce of some sort. Do you know the variety by any chance? It's beautiful! Love the downswept branches. When I go to UT to visit my daughter, I marvel at all the type of spruce, pine, etc. on the mountains, and how different they are. I always want to swipe a little sapling, but she never lets me do that, or I never have a shovel. LOL I did bring home a woodland plant that blooms in the spring like a yellow daisy, and a grass from WI (it's called yellow goatsbeard of all things!) that I really love! If they are small enough, I can sneak them in my carry on. LOL

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
CE I can't remember what kind it is, if I think of it I will let you know. It has been in that spot for about for about 10 years now. If I ever see a sapling I will let you know but so far have never seen one.

Just thought of it, it is a weeping alaskan cedar i believe.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love Weeping Alaskan Cedars..................call them my "Ghost Trees". In the wind they look like they are dancing.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some updates of how the yard and pond are filling in. My bog is overgrown, once the plants bloom going to thin out a bit. All my perennials have done really well this year, I have some echinacea that is almost 4' tall, daylillies have bloomed well this year and all my black eyed susans are getting ready to pop. The water hyacinth have grown big but no blooms and the lettuce has gotten big as well.
P1060125.JPG
P1060126.JPG
P1060127.JPG
P1060128.JPG
P1060129.JPG
P1060130.JPG
P1060132.JPG
P1060133.JPG
P1060134.JPG
P1060135.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful Tmann and man you were right the bog is a forest now :D
Gotta get me some Cone flowers!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw the bees butterlies, birds, love the cone flowers.

Beautiful t mann

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, if you remind me in the fall, I'd be happy to send you some purple/pink ones like Todd has in his pics, and also some dwarf red ones. They are super easy to grow from seeds, and I have lots of them! Have moved some of the plants into my wildflower garden, and still have tons of them, and had probably 100 plants that came up from seeds around the adult plants. Was hoping some surrounding the dwarf red are dwarfs, but so far they have not bloomed (someone said they don't bloom the first year they are seeded ...) so not sure if they are dwarfs, or reverting back to tall ones if the dwarfs were a hybrid. Send me a PM if you're interested!
Your elephant ear is HUGE, Todd! Wow, love it! I had some I got (from you maybe?) last year, saved the bulbs, and grow 3 pots of them. Then decided to share one with one sister, and the other 2 sisters said they wanted one too .... so now I just one 2 bulbs I bought, plus the large black plant I bought. Ho hum .... need to keep my sharing mouth shut sometimes. LOL Naw ... I love to share. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks CE and seeds would be nice. Easy to send too in a small envelope. Might be cheap tho to just buy in the store as seeds. I 'll let ya know if I find them in the store.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Todd, I saw this picture posted by Peter Waddington, Author of Koi Kichi and as soon as I saw it I instantly thought of you. better get all the Loved ones wrapped up and protected from winter soon. :)

Attachments

• Todd.jpg
    Todd.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 254
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here are some photos of my pond. I built it about 6 years ago and since then have completely redone the small creek that leads into the pond and two years ago I redid the big waterfall. The pond is about 3,000 gallons, I have 3 koi that are around 18" and numerous gold fish.
Beautiful work. Thank yo for sharing. I bet that is extremely peaceful. I also love the stream concept and hope to find a way to incorporate one.

Ask a Question