One Tractor, One novice, One Mud pond, what could go wrong?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OH, That is what could go wrong! At least I'm happy to report it's back on all fours (And works fine I might add) and no injuries to report. But I will tell you this much, I can honestly say I was 110% scared! It happened in slow motion, as it started going over I released the seat belt and bailed off. I was probably three or four steps out and in a full run up the hill before it landed on it's side and went thump. I never looked back just ran as fast as my old body would go. Ole man still had a little getty up left in him! LOL

Attachments

• tractor flip 004.JPG
    tractor flip 004.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 481
  • tractor flip 005.JPG
    tractor flip 005.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 512
  • tractor flip 006.JPG
    tractor flip 006.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 462

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Holy Catfish Larkin! That thing coulda squished you good. Glad you jumped and ran for the hills! Surprising what speeds us w/ a bit of age on us can get up to when we get the adrenalin flowing :D

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
My buddy in the picture was giving me hand signals. When it started sliding he was yelling I was trying everything I could to stop it from rolling and it just slowly went over. He came running and asking if I was all right. I started laughing and said that depends if your smelling anything or not. He looked funny at me for a second, and then it hit him I was talking about. LOL He said I looked like I had been fired out of a cannon when my feet hit the ground.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my, Gosh it woulda been nice to have a good video for times like this, but no smellovision thank you :razz:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh my! So glad you're OK and good thing you had a buddy there as spotter/helper! This forum wouldn't be the same without your input -- and see, learned something new already (wear Depends when you drive dangerous equipment)! ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wear my seat belt when driving the tractor, they say leave it buckled and ride it out when it flips..................nope not gonna. Mine started to tilt once, I was out of that seat so fast! But it didn't go over, got it to settle back down.

Glad you are ok! (give your buddy a video camera for the next time!)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least it was not up any higher when it started to go over and as long as it was muddy you should not have bent anything .But makes for a great when I built that pond story to tell .

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I wear my seat belt when driving the tractor, they say leave it buckled and ride it out when it flips..................nope not gonna. Mine started to tilt once, I was out of that seat so fast! But it didn't go over, got it to settle back down.

Glad you are ok! (give your buddy a video camera for the next time!)
Not sure if I want to be buckled in or not. The roll bar would keep you pretty protected But.... Luckily the front end loader stopped it from rolling any further too. I had already had it get pretty tilted in that spot earlier in the day. I had been working very carefully when I had to dump on that part of the levee. It just got soft and this particular time the back wheel started lifting, I dumped all the load that was in the bucket but it kept going over. Been pretty gun shy to get back on it all day today. I moved a few rocks to the Koi pond area and moved the scraper blade into the barn but other than that I decided it was a better day to ride on the lawn mower. Well until it started raining.

DrC, can you delete my extra post up there? Don't know how that happened.....
Took care of it for you TM

Oh geesh! Glad you are okay! If you weren't drinking when it happened, I think you need one now!
No drinking and driving for me. But I must confess, The buy one get one free Strawberry/mango margarita and some nachos did were very good that evening.
LOL

It's amazing how much strength you get when you really need it.
Yes it is.
It's also amazing how appreciative I am to the good Lord that today I live to enjoy another day.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Slanted slope, wet ground, uneven load, novice operator, wrong equipment for the job. Yep, I know, it's was preventable.

Ask a Question