Our rescue kitten Betty arrived today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have a rescue pup and she's one of the best dogs we've ever had. Sweet as can be. It's hard to believe people be so cruel to a helpless, harmless, lovable little creature. Even though she had a terrible few years of life, she has adapted to our family and is cheerful and full of spunk every single day. it took her a while to trust us, but once she did we became her people. Love that little girl!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ha day 5 have not gonme to bed for the last 5 days sleeping in the livingroom simply because Betty is a night cat who sleeps for most oof the day and becomes totally activeat night , non of our kittens have ever done this :LOL:
But Betty is very inteligent and is a very quick learner, her intorduction to our other two cats is going very well in that she's met Jack face to face with no problem and understands the growling means dusty isnt sure yet and wants her space .
We are having three hours sleep whilst one stays awake with her , then we swop around, wokee up the other day to find Betty already on Val's knees and she had her first ever combing session from me whilst Val cat napped .
Are we pleased about our having to stay up yes if it helps Betty be part of the family and that we can closely monitor her interactions with our adult cats :cool::happy:.

Dave

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Dave- Great job on giving Betty a home. I have 3 shelter cats inside and a feral cat we care for outside. You can try a toy like feathers on a stick or a laser pointer and get her tired out in the evening so she sleeps thru the night. Can't wait to see pics!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All my dogs and even the 2 cats I had were rescue animals .Plus every month I take food and treats to my local shelter .I save up to buy 30 dollars of food and treats to them .My friends son works for walmart so using his discount 30 dollars goes a long way .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I saw that @mrsclem on My Cat from Hell tv show where the guy says to wear the cat out really good til he/she is panting. They like that feathery thing on a stick if you use it like a bird would fly swooping over, across and so on and then let it land for a bit and fling it away from them again and watch them try to pounce on it.The lazer beam is fun too but my cats ignore it now for some reason. Maybe cuz they are 13 yrs old now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Here she is one tired little girl your Val and I hope you like her shes all but recked our ordered home doesnt know when to go to sleep (nightime) but shes tugging our heartstrings already.
Our other two cats are being most understanding especially Jack who still has a bit of a kitten in him but I caught her catnapping on our bed next to Pepsi today
IMG_20141130_141548.jpg

IMG_20141130_141432.jpg

IMG_20141130_141504.jpg

IMG_20141130_141517.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well she loves the lap!

Thanx addy here's the latest on her :-
Weve had a major breakthrough since the photo's were taken in that she now sleeps alongside both adult cats which for a week is very good going to say the very least , so you can say we are very pleased with her progress so far .
However she still has to figure that night time i sleepy time :(

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep Dave you guys need to wear her out big time during the day w/a flying type toy and then she will sleep good. If the other cats would start playing w/ her that would also help. Maybe try playing w/them all together, get them all involved in chasing the flying feather on a stick thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
j.w. pleased to report an even bigger breakthough on entering the bedroom earlier I found Betty and Jack curled up together touching awww how sweet , I think two Kindrid spirits comes to mind here as they both come from the same Refuge.
Plus Jack is still young enough to remember being a kitten as hes not yet 4 :happy:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh good then Jack will teach her the ropes on how to play hard during the day and sleep nice and cozy and peaceful together at night...................hopefully :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We make sure we wear out lil missy, long walks, play time, or she wants to play at night. She is learning dark/night is sleep time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :confused: waz oh sorry nodded off :LOL: I think there's something wrong with that plan addy weve slready tried it:LOL:
She played till 03:45 am :jawdrop: and with a piece of screwed up paper and not all the nice toys she has I might add .:(

:cat: purrr purrr purrr.

Dave

Last edited:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have dozens of toys for our cats but they would rather play with a cap from the milk bottle or a cardboard box! Glad to hear she is making friends with your other cats.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Missy loves paper towels, they are her best toy, or a sock on your hand, sock puppet, she attacks it, growling, biting, jumping

Ask a Question