ph

Reaction score
What is the problem? What do y ou think the "right" ph is? What is your ph now. What kind of fish do you have? Carp can handle a wide range of ph. The most important thing is the there are no large PH swings, as this can be hard on the fish. Your ph could be 6.4 or 8.8 or anything in between and that could all be fine.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Agreed we need more info. PH also can be very different depending on the time a day you get your readings. Are you using a liquid test kit or strips?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
im new and cant get my ph right please help
Hi & welcome!

We need for you to give us more information.... Where do you live? What size is your pond and how many gallons? How long has your pond been set up and running? What kind of filtration do your have? How is your pond lined -- is it a liner or concrete? Do you have koi, gold fish, or just plants? If you have fish, how many and what sizes are they? How often do you feed them? Do you use city [treated] water or are you on a well? What do you use to test your water -- what kind of testing kit, liquid [drops] or test strips [strips are less accurate]? Have you tested your "source" water -- if not, do that, too.

Also, what have you been doing to adjust your pH?

What are your water readings: [we need the numbers]
pH?
ammonia?
nitrites?
nitrates?
water temperature?
KH?
GH?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Terry you can buy a product called lythaqua which is a form of calcified seaweed this is then placed in the bags provided into your filter one bag wwill last at least a year .
What it does is bulster your Ph and Kh .
A cheaper way of doing this would be to buy a sack of crushed oystershell then bag some up and again plce it in your filter for the same result .
Hope this helps :happy:

Dave (y)

Reaction score
What is the problem? What do y ou think the "right" ph is? What is your ph now. What kind of fish do you have? Carp can handle a wide range of ph. The most important thing is the there are no large PH swings, as this can be hard on the fish. Your ph could be 6.4 or 8.8 or anything in between and that could all be fine.
ph is 6.3 only got plants in as i put 4 goldfish in last week about 1.5 inches long lasted an hour now there dead

Reaction score
Terry you can buy a product called lythaqua which is a form of calcified seaweed this is then placed in the bags provided into your filter one bag wwill last at least a year .
What it does is bulster your Ph and Kh .
A cheaper way of doing this would be to buy a sack of crushed oystershell then bag some up and again plce it in your filter for the same result .
Hope this helps :happy:

Dave (y)
only got a all in one pump
also is safe to put pond dye in

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
only got a all in one pump
also is safe to put pond dye in
Until you get your pond where it needs to be, and with you understanding everything, I wouldn't worry about pond dye.

Please go back to my post above and answer as many questions as you can. Get back to us with that information, and we'll take it from there to try and help you. If all you have are strips, that's better than nothing at all.

And when you test your pond water, please also test your source water -- tap water or well water -- whatever goes into your pond.

We need to know the NUMBERS that you get from the tests, and not that it was "OK" or "normal."

I don't know anything about electronic testers.....

Reaction score
Hi & welcome!

We need for you to give us more information.... Where do you live? What size is your pond and how many gallons? How long has your pond been set up and running? What kind of filtration do your have? How is your pond lined -- is it a liner or concrete? Do you have koi, gold fish, or just plants? If you have fish, how many and what sizes are they? How often do you feed them? Do you use city [treated] water or are you on a well? What do you use to test your water -- what kind of testing kit, liquid [drops] or test strips [strips are less accurate]? Have you tested your "source" water -- if not, do that, too.

Also, what have you been doing to adjust your pH?

What are your water readings: [we need the numbers]
pH?
ammonia?
nitrites?
nitrates?
water temperature?
KH?
GH?
ph =9.5 i know its high amonia=0,nitrate=5,nitrite0-1how do i test kh gh how do i test my source water its from my house tap live in the uk england birmingham just plants fish died

Reaction score
Agreed we need more info. PH also can be very different depending on the time a day you get your readings. Are you using a liquid test kit or strips?
if ph goes up and down how do i keep it at that level i need
you guys can tell my first pond just want to get it right

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest Threads