Photo of the month club...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well the photo submitted by RobAmy for the September contest clearly isnt from any pond. It looks like a painting of Niagra Falls. I wonder what Becky thinks of that..
Have you SEEN pictures of their pond? You might want to do that before you mention names. I don't know if Rob is a professional photographer, but if he isn't he should be. He captures some unimaginable shots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Have you SEEN pictures of their pond? You might want to do that before you mention names. I don't know if Rob is a professional photographer, but if he isn't he should be. He captures some unimaginable shots.

Well if thats their "pond" all apologies. My hat, shirt and underwear goes off to them because thats the craziest backyard pond waterfall Ive ever seen

By the way I just looked at the showcase of their pond. It is a gorgeous gorgeous pond. Very beautiful BUT the pic of Niagra Falls isnt happening there. Ill mention names because Im real and the name was mentioned to identify the pond I was referring to..

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
By the way I submitted a Septemeber pic which I dont believe is the best one. I dont want anyone getting the idea that I started this thread because of bitterness. I love looking at all the pics of ponds to give myself ideas even if I came in dead last. I just think internet pics or pics of something off topic of garden ponds cheapens the contest. I wont ever submit again. Whats the point? How can I compete with a Bob Ross painting?
You sound bitter, and I think this topic is getting WAY too serious.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a

I already specified the thread wasnt started out of bitterness and why do you feel the thread is getting too serious because there is a minor debate going on? You see for yourself how many people agreed with me. You think a guy surfing is a pic that should be submitted for a "moving water" contest? Isnt this a pond forum? Its called a friendly conversation about peoples opinions. Its healthy. Do you want a forum that everyone agrees on everything? How ridiculous would that be

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Jersey Maine its not down to what any of us think its down to @Ian or @Becky to pick the best photo in their view not anyone else's sumit a photo if its thought to be the worthy of being the best submitted then it will win [simples].;)

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Jersey Maine its not down to what any of us think its down to @Ian or @Becky to pick the best photo in their view not anyone else's sumit a photo if its thought to be the worthy of being the best submitted then it will win [simples].;)

Dave
We, members, vote for our favorite, not Ian & Becky.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I already specified the thread wasnt started out of bitterness and why do you feel the thread is getting too serious because there is a minor debate going on? You see for yourself how many people agreed with me. You think a guy surfing is a pic that should be submitted for a "moving water" contest? Isnt this a pond forum? Its called a friendly conversation about peoples opinions. Its healthy. Do you want a forum that everyone agrees on everything? How ridiculous would that be

If you have an issue with a specific entry, please "report" it to the Admins.!

This thread started out being a general topic, but you are mentioning names and pointing out specific photos. Not saying I don't agree or disagree with your views, but saying that you're going about it the wrong way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think the photo contest is a great opportunity to show off our photography skills, whether or not it's of our own pond.
RobAmy is an incredible photographer, as are others here (JB as an example)
Plus it should be a bit of fun.
I voted for a picture of beer and nacho chips for the summer one.:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cool it down please. The topic was moving water. The photos were of moving water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
If you have an issue with a specific entry, please "report" it to the Admins.!

This thread started out being a general topic, but you are mentioning names and pointing out specific photos. Not saying I don't agree or disagree with your views, but saying that you're going about it the wrong way.

So lets all be cowards and keep things to ourselves. Give me a break...whatever happened to people having courage to say what they think. It wasnt a personal attack. It was my opinion and I used a name to identify a pic that was submitted

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So lets all be cowards and keep things to ourselves. Give me a break...whatever happened to people having courage to say what they think. It wasnt a personal attack. It was my opinion and I used a name to identify a pic that was submitted
Report it to the Admins, if you have an issue with an entry.

Libel comes to mind...... RobAmy and the person who submitted the other photo might not appreciate the insinuation.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Well the photo submitted by RobAmy for the September contest clearly isnt from any pond. It looks like a painting of Niagra Falls. I wonder what Becky thinks of that..

I respectfully take exception to your comments regarding RobAmy's entry. RobAmy has a history of sharing stunning photographs. Photographs which clearly illustrate great talent. GPF benefits from RobAmy's generosity in that such photographs are both a feast for the eyes and promote the hobby of ponding.

Please let us all continue in peace and brotherhood.

Last edited:

Ask a Question