Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Here in NE Arkansas my pond is right at 60 degs
Koi are slowing down but still want food

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
NE Iowa, temp in the pond was about 48° yesterday, high is supposed to be 45° today lows are drastically changing, some nights it stays in the upper 30's and some nights its been 20°, but they are saying we will get our first snowfall tonight, around an inch is expected.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Seeing a lot of bouncing right now, it's been running between 55-65 degrees for the most part but a few mornings I went out and the water temp had dropped to about 50 degrees or slightly below and when it was the koi started doing there hiding and not coming up to feed until it started warming in the afternoon. I've gone to feeding only wheat germ pellets now getting ready for winter.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Water's 42F this morning. Had 1/4" of ice twice already. Fish stopped eating long ago. John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wanted to ask since I found this in the box of pond stuff and figure out what it was and how it worked .I thought it was a pond heater at first but found that you sink it to the bottom of your pond and it gives the temp of the water down at the bottom of the pond digitally and I have the floating one too and the temp down at the bottom is sometime 10 or more degrees warmer than the top water temp and I know this is normal but anyone ever here of this thing .There is no name on it anywhere or no numbers and took me awhile to find the battery that goes in it ,then found the electric cord in the box after .It has a long thin wire that goes from the tube up to the digital read out and that is about a hundred feet long .Anyone ever heard of this type thing .It has celsius on it and took me awhile to find fahrenhiet on it and set it right ,

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I have my thermometer on the bottom of the pond.. and the i just pull it up REALLY fast :) good enough for me, I'm a cheapo.

That sounds pretty cool though, hard to believe there inst a name or serial numbrers on it anywhere. are you sure it was actually made for a pond and isnt a thermometer for inside your house with a wire lead that goes outside?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The plastic bag that it was in has a date and some other stuff I can't read but the paper inside said it was for the pond and has temps they have registered over a couple of months time .Looks like the year these were recorded was 05 or 06or could even be 08 .The number is written funny .I got at the auction in big huge box marked pond stuff ,even had a big piece a liner and a couple of small pieces fittings pumps and lots of other stuff but all related to a pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pond temp here is 45* F on top and don't know about the bottom. Sun is shining brightly right now and fish are just hovering around not moving much.
Sounds like a neat find you got there sissy!

Reaction score
Sacramento,CA 48 deg F at noon 11/8.

Fish still active... I switched to fall food at 50 deg.

I put my thermometer lead in high my flow filter to minimize misreading due to thermal layering. Amazon had this thermometer for $6 .49 free shipping from Hong Kong.
Used Altoid Mints can for weather resistant housing

DSC00650.JPGDSC00651.JPGDSC00649.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh it is over 80 degrees here and it is sunny and hot bottom temp went up 19 degrees higher than what it was now that the sun is shining on the pond all day ,Top temp is up to 65 degrees and bottom temp climbed up to almost 80

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
a warm 44 in the pond today..............been as low as 41 bounced back to 48 up and down, have not attempted to feed the fish. They are mainly hanging low, every now and then see them swimming and eating off the bottom stuff.

Ask a Question