Sapphire Koi ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I guess I am too cheap, nice fish, but I would never pay that much for one. I like my 2.50 fish.................
I've never paid this much for a fish either. Think the most expensive koi I bought was $15 and it's been many years since I've added a fish. Since I decided to go with just koi and I'd like to have one chagoi in my lifetime , but we will see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
If you're not sure if a fish is showa or sanke.. Check the mouth. Showa have black in their mouth
Honestly, I don't know the difference between a showa or a sanke. I decided I want a chagoi, because of their friendly personality. Lots to learn :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
http://www.koisale.com/KoiStore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=1726

I've been wanting one new koi. I've heard excellent things about this fish farm. Budget is a consideration, so this pricing is attractive and the free shipping offer. I do not have a butterfly koi, so it's possible I could request a butterfly.

Should I go for it?!

P.S. I apologize if we're not allowed to post a fish farm's name.

I have a koi that looks just like this. It wasn't labeled as such, but then again, none of them were. I got mine from a local garden center. They said they get their fish from Florida, so who knows, maybe they got it from this place.

It's a beautiful fish, and its colors haven't changed at all (though I've only had it a year...), but it's small. He's only half the size of other koi that I purchased at the same time from the same place.

I've received quite a few compliments on this koi. If only he were bigger, he'd stand out more though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, I don't know the difference between a showa or a sanke. I decided I want a chagoi, because of their friendly personality. Lots to learn :)
Tula a sanke has black and red over white the showa red and white over black , the chagio can be anything from olive green like the one we have through to the reddy orange of the markings of the ochiba they can also be of gin rin variety with the diamond edged sclalation .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I think koi are similar to lands newfoundlands - LOL. We judge their markings by if it's white over black, or black over white :)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
006 (2).jpg

2 of my soragois.. one standard, one gin rin..4" - 6" range

Ask a Question