I_M_Patiens

hielan coo
Reaction score
pond lower 2014 deck.jpg
waterfall 2014.jpg

I_M_Patiens

hielan coo
Reaction score
Oops. pictures went without verbiage. First time... My ponds are surrounded by lumpy local rocks. I would love to use flat ones but they are few and far between. The larger photo is a close-up of the waterfall using the few flattish rocks I could find. My dogs frequently shove rocks into the pond inadvertently while looking for frogs to scare (bits of liner poking through). The lower pond was built into a hill in my backyard that was kind of sliding on to the deck. Solved a muddy problem quite well. :) The other pond is in the upper right hand corner of first photo.

Reaction score
RoaR is definitely OK for underwater use on the sides, but if memory serves, they advise not to glue it down -- something about it becoming a breeding ground for anaerobic bacteria, maybe? Is there a way you can put it over the trouble spots with the top edge overlapping the edge of your pond, and then pile some rocks on top to hold it in place? The material is slightly stiff, so you'll have to manhandle the material to get it to make that 45 degree bend, but it's not hard by any means and if you get a few wrinkles in it, that just makes it look a little more like jagged stone.
I will be looking into this. I want to put in on the stepping area and one very small square section of wall. I can tuck it behind the surrounding rocks. I will look into the bad bacteria issue.

Ask a Question