Still thinking things through, would appreciate advice

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
full sun? I'm on my 3rd marsh marigold this season. none survive more than a week in my bog... it looked like it'll survive, sending new leaves, then die...
Are they in the water or in the gravel? Mine are in the gravel part of the bog and do fine. They die back about this time of year [in this part of the country, at least], but they'll come back in the spring. First time I grew them I thought they were dead, so I'm glad I didn't pull them, but left them alone.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This one was my “white whale”.
before.JPG

I couldn’t budge it, no movement at all. Tried many levers, all bent. I knew that even if I could roll it to the side, I could never get it over the frame. My son (the geologist) suggest blasting, but my neighbors already hate me (my grass is not kept at the 1.9975 inch length specified by the townie code). I said “I bet you ten dollars that when you come back in an hour, the rock will be gone”. He came back, this is what he saw.
after.JPG

How did I move the rock? :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yup. I dug a 2' hole next to it (got more rocks for my collection); dug underneath the rock until I could tip in into the hole. Only thing, I miscalculated by about an inch. That inch really bugs me (it's my "angry inch" for those fans of Hedwig). :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but my neighbors already hate me (my grass is not kept at the 1.9975 inch length specified by the townie code). :)

I totally dislike townie codes.... One of the reasons we bought a house out in farm land. Most of our land is UN seen by neighbors, even if seen they would never complain about anything.
Good rock moving!

Ask a Question