Sudden Cloudy pond and water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just returned from being up north. When I left on Wednesday, my pond was clear, I could see the fish (3 comet goldfish) clear as day. I return today, Saturday, went to feed them and couldn’t see the filter let alone the bottom or the fish. I thought it’s been a while since using pond clear or added pond equaliser. Took a dip reading and all areas look healthy, I still chose to add these things in as it hadn’t been done since getting it last June. I am leaving it to filter through now, any suggestions of why this has happened, is it just algae bloom ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Some pictures help much more than words

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some pictures help much more than words
I don’t know how helpful these are but I hope they work. As I say I normally see the bottom and can stand far away and still see the fish very clearly
IMG_1454.jpeg
IMG_1455.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your pond appears to be very small from the photos. Any change in water chemistry affects these small ponds very quickly - was there possibly a storm with heavy rain while you were gone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Your pond appears to be very small from the photos. Any change in water chemistry affects these small ponds very quickly - was there possibly a storm with heavy rain while you were gone?
There was a bit of rain most the days to be fair. Thank you for this response, I’m letting it settle through and will update the photos with more pond plants tomorrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if the fountain is your only means of filter cloudy water is inevitable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is but it is a big pump in a small
Pond and I was hopping the amount of plants would help as a biofilter