j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine come around in Spring,I'd say around April or May. Then it seems as tho they leave for awhile in maybe July or August and then they are back again for a bit............wonder why they leave in the Summer for awhile?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In arizona they are there all of the time, a huge mix in the winter from migration, less in the summer. In maryland we have just the rosey throat hummers. They seem to arrive april / may depending on how cold it is, gone by mid september.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Nice pics Lou. I have been trying to keep my bird feeders full as well. I had about 2 dozen robins cleaning up my fruit on the crab trees.
Im sure they have been having a tough time this past week as our temps were well below zero for a few days. They sit around all fluffed up and looking miserable. :(

Reaction score
Country
United States

beautiful Lou :) just love watching the birds and other critters come to feed from our feeders

j.w., just wondering how you keep your cat in your yard?

A few yrs back a neighbor did not like our cat coming to his yard hunting for birds so we had to have the invisible underground fence system put in or he said he would trap the cat. So both of them wear a collar and they know not to go anywhere near the boundaries. It isn't much of a shock as I tried it once myself and it kind of feels like a shock you would get when you have static electricity and touch a car door or something like that. It works great and they have almost a whole acre to roam free If they get too near the boundary line the collar warns them first w/ a beeping sound.

I had no idea the invisible fence would work for a cat. Very interesting :cat:

Ask a Question