Took off the Frame and Netting! Getting ready for March!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_6324.jpg
IMG_6656.JPG
IMG_6666.JPG
IMG_6668.JPG
IMG_6670.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG
IMG_6671.JPG
So, today with temps in the 60's and 6-12" of snow due here tomorrow, I used the blower to clean up a bit more. Took the netting off the pond, disassembled the framework, check the chemicals, brought up the kH, threw them some food with 52F water temps and topped the pond. Perfect day in a T shirt on Long Island in February. Awesome day!!! Koi seem ecstatic ... :) ...

Hope some others out there got ambitious ....

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Beautiful pond. Hope you Koi own snow shovels. They just raised the NYC and surrounding area totals to 10-14 inches.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My son works for the NJ turnpike as a tow driver and he said the roads are wicked out there .Glad I don't lvev there anymore .Safe and warm here and only thing is the wind can go bye bye .Looking at the weather channel and DOT cameras online and it is nasty looking

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My son works for the NJ turnpike as a tow driver and he said the roads are wicked out there .Glad I don't lvev there anymore .Safe and warm here and only thing is the wind can go bye bye .Looking at the weather channel and DOT cameras online and it is nasty looking

Yes, these winds are worse than the rest of the storm + it's dropping down to 17F .... Here's a pic of the pond today which is a glimpse from the doorway on zoom with the table blocking it! Water temp is still 50F ....
IMG_6673.jpg
IMG_6674.jpg

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What, no pictures taken from outside???? What a difference a day makes. (Hey, that would make a good song!) The winds are getting wicked out here in PA. We had 8- 10" of snow depending on where you measure. My brand new, never-used $1000 Ariens snow thrower started having drive problems after the first hour. It's now at the shop, and I have more hand shoveling to do. Did I say I hate the winter...and, snow even more.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
What, no pictures taken from outside???? What a difference a day makes. (Hey, that would make a good song!) The winds are getting wicked out here in PA. We had 8- 10" of snow depending on where you measure. My brand new, never-used $1000 Ariens snow thrower started having drive problems after the first hour. It's now at the shop, and I have more hand shoveling to do. Did I say I hate the winter...and, snow even more.

Yeah, we're around 8" + and still snowing here at 2:25pm , winds letting up a bit. Nothing serious and If I don't have to plug in a generator, I'm happy. I have the Ariens also. Bought it in 2009, cover it in WD40 after every use so it looks brand new. Never needed service and starts on one pull, but I cheat and plug it in an outlet. I have the 5 or 6 forward, 2 reverse w/o the headlights. 24" & I paid $750 in '09. 899.00 now but it comes with headlight! Great machine.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeah, we're around 8" + and still snowing here at 2:25pm , winds letting up a bit. Nothing serious and If I don't have to plug in a generator, I'm happy. I have the Ariens also. Bought it in 2009, cover it in WD40 after every use so it looks brand new. Never needed service and starts on one pull, but I cheat and plug it in an outlet. I have the 5 or 6 forward, 2 reverse w/o the headlights. 24" & I paid $750 in '09. 899.00 now but it comes with headlight! Great machine.

Not today it wasn't...at least for me. This is my 2nd Ariens. The first lasted 18 years.

Ask a Question