Using rubber garden hose

garry runions

mhpondguy
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am overhauling my pond and was wondering whether anyone has tried a good quality garden house for their pond piping. I have used the recommended corrugated black hose, but I yearly replacing it due to cracking and splitting. This year I have tore it all out and looking for a good alternative. I have priced out various options and found the product I have been using the most expensive and the poorest quality. I have spoken to others about using spa hose and have invested using a good quality garden hose. What are your thoughts.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I use this better quality pvc flex tubing

1 Pond tubing.jpg

Not this cheaper kind of non kink stuff

Cheap pond tubing.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's what mine is @Big Lou it's reinforced but w/nice thick non taring type like that cheap stuff that rips in-between the wires.

garry runions

mhpondguy
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Any of the flex hose i have seen looks exactly like the problem I presently have. The problem it gets stiff and brittle between the ribs. The sump pump hose may be an option. I will look into it more.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I use sump pump hose in my basement pond..$12.00 for 25'. You gotta get all the air out of the corrugations tho if you need to run lengths in the pond or it'll float to the top...lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've been using my flex pvc for 14yrs straight in my pond w/ no problems. It looks as good as it did the day I bought it.

Ask a Question