UV Sterilization for Dummies

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Regarding drip water change system,,, watch this video.

Watched it and want to do it! I did a DIY drip irrigation system for my perennial garden several years ago and I have a bunch of extra emitters here. I just need to figure out how to run an irrigation pipe from the house to the pond, which is about 70 feet away. I'm not sure if I should use the 1/8" tubing all the way out, or if I should use 1/2" out to the pond, then split off with 1/8". Would have to get a splitter so we could have our regular hose available too. I guess this is my next project.

Here's something you all might get a chuckle out of. I ordered my UV unit yesterday . . . and the pond began to clear yesterday. No kidding. Well, I will have it when I need it. Usually it will go green again at some point.

I was also thinking once the pond is clear enough to see the bottom, I can then use my new pond vacume to clean up the bottom. If I let the water discharge into the lawn instead of back into the pond, then add new water, that would also be a water change. Only problem is that it would be hard to judge how much I'm actually removing with the vacume. And I would still have to add dechlorinator that way.

Thanks again. As usual, I can always count on good people here to get lots of info. Even when people disagree, it usually doesn't turn ugly like some places. :)

Sandy

Reaction score
I think we're mostly too old for that here, I know I don't have the energy for heated discussions like I used to.:LOL:
Mitch you'll be happy to know they now have medication for old farts like you that will allow you to carry on forum arguments just like you did when you were a young man. However, you are advised to seek medical attention if your arguments exceed five hours.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mitch you'll be happy to know they now have medication for old farts like you that will allow you to carry on forum arguments just like you did when you were a young man. However, you are advised to seek medical attention if your arguments exceed five hours.
I don't have the desire to type that much...............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyMetalPeach

Latest Threads