We're going to Disney!!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My daughter and her high school chorus have been invited to sing at Disney right before Christmas. I asked her this morning if I could chaperone, since it's her last real school trip and all *sniff *sniff. And she said YES!! I'm excited on 2 fronts. 1, I get to go to Disney, and 2, my teenage daughter still wants to hang with mom.
Neither of us has been and I'm super excited and terrified to spend a total of 6 days with up to 60 teenagers in the happiest place on earth.
Not to mention how cool it is that she is singing at Disney.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a fun trip and lucky you....................I think.................you did say 60 teenagers right :eek:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah, it will be interesting to say the least. But it's her last school trip and I can't imagine not being there. I used to chaperone a lot of her school trips when she was in grade school but nothing since high school.
The good news is we get home Christmas Eve and I'm planning on taking the following week off so I would have a vacation to recover from the "vacation".... Lord give me strength.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm hoping for much cooler weather, and hopefully quieter since it will be a few days before Christmas. (Don't ruin the idea even if it's not true). lol
Check on the footwear and hand sanitizer! (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You will love it! We went years ago and loved it! Good you are going in cooler weather. We went in the heat one time and and in the cool of November once................cool of November worked best but then we were in California Disney, you are going to the Florida one so I guess maybe still warm there. Anyway I'm sure it will be a blast!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My daughter is going back sometime next year for her senior trip. I won't go to that one since I'm sure it'll be hot hot hot and cray cray. I think this will be that 1 and done kinda trip. I'm not really into crowds and while I love a good rollar coaster, I'd settle for a glass of wine by the pond any day.... OH MY GAWD I'VE TURNED INTO MY MOTHER.... heeheee

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
I got wore out this weekend by taking the kids to the local theme park Frontier City. I can't imagine what something like Disney Land will be like. I had just a 8 and a 11 year old. The thought of 60 teenagers will send me to a closet to hide! I will be a lot of fun!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
NO!!!!! You can't go without ME! That's my absolute favorite place in the whole wide world (no pun intended, tee hee!). We honeymooned there and can't count how many visits since, both before child and with child.

You will love it! But be aware that you shouldn't judge WDW based on this trip -- your role will be as chaperone and as exhausting & hectic as a WDW trip can be, this will be worse! But at the same time, they'll have your group very well organized, so that might make up for some of the hecticness (if that's a word....). That's a very crowded time of year, and you'll be on a tight schedule. Lines will be long. So, that just means that you'll need to plan a 2nd trip :)

As someone else said, wear comfortable shoes! Need advice or questions answered? There's a great group (forum) called DISBOARDS. I'll try to locate their web address, but you can Google them.

Oh, I'm so happy for you -- my baby is 19 now, and I still remember those "transition" periods in our relationship. But we have loads of DISNEY memories that I will cherish forever! He's now at that age where he wants to have a friend along if we travel -- parents just aren't as much fun as they were when he was younger.....but he actually does think his parents are still pretty cool, so there ya go! :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Heehee at the puny. Do you think it'll still be crazy the week before Christmas?
I also have a friend who is a Disney-holic, they do the cruises every year. I'm excited. Much more excited to spend the time with her than the lines and such but to be able to see her sing at Disney is a chance I just can't pass up.
And come on TM, we can get you on the chaperone deal I'm sure!! LOL

Reaction score
Did someone say DISNEY????? LOVE that place!!!!! I'm one of those Mom's that drags her kids there every year. LOL!

Yes, I do think it will be crazy before Christmas. That place is MAD every day! I think everyone thinks the same thing - oh I'll pull the kids out of school so it won't be as busy. Haha! Nope its busy!

Its magical.

I'm so happy you're going!

Ask a Question