j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Dear Becky, yes I have an extreme problem right now w/ mole hills all over my yard.............what can you do for me............ :LOL:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Let me know if you find a solution, j.w., ...my entire yard looks like a herd of buffalo had wandered through and left their s... behind!
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our garden radio guy says this works but I've never tried it: Repelling Moles (best method)
Make up some Mint Mole Blaster as follows: Begin by running a couple of big handfuls of mint stems and leaves through the blender with just enough water to make slurry. Then mix the blended concoction into a large soup pot full of water and simmer for about 30 minutes. This will make a concentrate that can be diluted to make about 6 gallons of mole blaster. Whenever you detect mole activity, pour the diluted mixture into mole holes and around the surrounding area. Irrigate lightly after application if the soil is dry. The key to success seems to be persistence. The moles evidently hate the smell of mint and if all goes well, the varmints will pack their bags and set up shop in your neighbors' gardens.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Wow, he'll be SO happy to get his moles back! :grumble: They were all in his yard a few years ago, now they're looking for greener pastures. I'll try your mole soup, but I hope it works better than the mint I was told to plant around the pigeon loft to repel mice. They wound up eating it!! Probably back there right now sipping their tiny juleps!
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat to know jw! I have a bunch of pond escaped mint growing. Maybe the moles won't like mint juleps like your mice do John.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If anyone tries it let me know and I'll give it a shot also. Tired of raking the dirt up.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hello
I am having probs to I tried could not get it to work.
Anyone want to do it for me.

Ruben

send me your pw via pm and I will do it, then delete the pm. Believe me I will never remember your pw and won't hack your account

Ask a Question