Wintering Fancies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Thank you all for the kind words.... JW - I have the black hose from my pond pump connected to 2 inch PVC and then made a Upside down T out of PVC .. wholes drilled into the upside down top of T... it goes to the bottom of my container. I did this so it fills the veggie filter slowly and somewhat even in the bottom of my veggie filter container. It then has about 100 scrubbies and a few bricks to keep them getting squashed.... then a grill grate with gutter covers to create a layer...next volcano rock and then a couple inches of pea gravel as the plant medium. Have used it everyear...just disconnect come winter and give it a good clean and start it again in the spring. Always plug local plants (Mint - Turtle heads) in it to filter early while its still cold. Then usually buy a few more exciting plants when they arrive at our pond store.

I based it off this design but modified a bit of what I had....mine does not have the bottom drain.

Attachments

• 20190514_221313.jpg
    20190514_221313.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 143

Ask a Question