YAY! Freddy The Fearless Non-Flinching Frog Has Returned!

Reaction score
My mother, come first thaw, decided to assist me in leaf cleanup one afternoon while I was away. I was afraid that wherever my frogs from last year had nested, was destroyed. I have three big blobs of tadpoles floating in the pond now, and as I was planting strawberries this afternoon, I noticed Freddy the frog sitting there behind a plant, just lookin to see what I was up to!

frog.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Frogs spend their winters underwater so no need to worry about that. Toads can spend winter under thick leaf litter, though. I've also got a frog. I've been waiting to see if more come but nothing just yet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I never get any tadpoles that I can see anyways. I see frogs in the pond now but no eggs. I bet my piggy fish get them all if they are laid. I do have other containers of water around the property w/ plants in them and no fish but still I never see any eggs or taddies. I even have an old bathtub full of plants and none in there either :(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The green frogs don't jump away they tend to sit and wait to see if you get to close. Their defense is to freeze. You can get pretty darn close to them

Reaction score
oh no! I didn't mean to confuse, (altho that could be Fredericka!) I spent two weeks right around thaw in the hospital. My mom decided to do me a favor, and raked all the leaves I left gather around the pond. I thought she had disturbed the frogs, and went seeking tadpoles about two weeks ago. I love frogs, I want millions!. I didn't think they'd come back. The tadpoles I have in the pond are from a big puddle near a spring up behind my house.

Ask a Question