addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@CountryEscape they are northern water snakes. I have still not spotted the Last one seen. Hoping it was a meal for someone.

I take them 6 miles away a true farm pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know what got at my pond last night but part of a rock wall was pulled apart as was a cedar tree covered in moss. Looks kind of industrious to have been a racoon or possum. That leaves dear or bear don't like those roads.
Found the culprit night m,
Could make them 3 step vipers and I'd still go for the snakes over rooster. But I'll take ten roosters over one Ginnifer hen
ginnifer hen DAMN spell check ginni hen

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
#10 was caught, poor thing drowned. I had the trap set for over 2 weeks it decided to get caught while I was gone. And we had horrendous rain, which raised the pond level which = the snake drowned.

Over 3 feet in length.
20220719_160801.jpg
20220719_160815.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
They have a glue trap that catches them and you can use veg oil to release. I would never use. Just going to keep using the minnow trap.
I could never use a glue trap...Just the thought of the torture they must go through before they die! I don't know how anyone can use them...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't harm or kill anything. So sad this one drowned. I figured it was gone, the trap was in the pond for weeks without catching anything. Of course it gets caught when I am gone and we get a good rain which raised the pond level which drowned it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well, I'm sorry to hear it drowned, but relieved it's not eating more of your fish. I'm sure you're sad too, but hoping you don't feel guilty......you certainly didn't intend for this to happen and heavy rains are hard to predict.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know what got at my pond last night but part of a rock wall was pulled apart as was a cedar tree covered in moss. Looks kinda industrious to have been a racoonnor possum. That leaves dear or bear don't like those roads.
Found the culprit last night

Ask a Question