A couple of my recent jobs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Rob. You did a great job of getting a good pattern with the stones. Did you lay out the stones together first or did you go picking one by one as you installed them? ...or maybe even put them in piles labeled A,B,C etc and you knew which pile to pick from? As a GC I have seen some people do a great job installing stones one by one and then somehow the pattern gets messed up in one spot and it's too late to change them! Now I know why your pond looks so good!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love wood stoves if they had offered it for my house when it was built I would have done one
Sisssy they have gas fired inserts today that don't require a huge chimney and just a hole through to the outside. yes there's considerations to workout like how close to a window ect. You can make any mantle you'd like to fit around it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I love the Rumford design ! Years ago we rented an old farm house that had a similar fireplace, it was charming :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We only have propane here and I do not want the bill for something I will only use in the winter .I have a fireplace and if southern va gas brings lines down my road then I would consider it as I love gas stoves to cook with .I only right now have electric bill .I thought about a pellet stove and then neighbor put one in and there was a shortage of pellets which raised the price and he had an automatic feed put in also .But the shortage meant that winter he could not even get them .Even propane shortage that year here .The price went up

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
20180811_134147[20894].jpg
They have gas logs for propane as well as long as it has doors it can help heat your home.
We have an replica of an old colonial fireplace with bread boxes. Energy pig if there ever was one we don't ever use it I stuffed if full of insulation and caped the flue years ago. but it looks so unique we can't tear it out and putting doors on kills the look.

Ask a Question